[Raze 1.1.3] Save issues in R66 & immobile enemies in RRRA

Moderator: Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

[Raze 1.1.3] Save issues in R66 & immobile enemies in RRRA

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,

first post on this forum. Raze is a great source port; I have replayed through the first Redneck Rampage using it and it was great fun. However, I ran into issues yesterday when trying to play Route 66 and Rides Again. Both have a different issue.
In Route 66, I cannot load saves. Every time I try to, it displays the console and tells me it could not load the save. In Rides Again, episode names are wrong ("Outskirts" instead of "Land of the Lost" and "Downtown" instead of "Homeward Bound"), and Rides Again-specific sprites and enemies are completely immobile and indestructible.

Not sure how to attach screenshots in spoilers, but I can try and fill you in on where my files are:
My Raze launcher is in my "Raze" directory, and I have all Redneck-related files in a subdirectory I called "data". Duke, Blood and SW all work just fine.
I have copied all R66 in /data. I have renamed the .grp for Rides Again "rides" and pasted it alongside redint.mve in /data.

Thank you so much in advance for your help and effort guys.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [Raze 1.1.3] Save issues in R66 & immobile enemies in RR

Post by Graf Zahl »

How do you load RRRA? What you describe sounds like it misidentifies the game as the first RR. It works correctly for me.
Lt_Gonflette
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Lt_Gonflette »

I just open Raze and choose Rides Again in the list. I can explore Rides Again levels but not do much in it (bikers and jack-a-lopes don't move, Skinny Coots and Billy Rays move and attack me).
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Does it work in 1.2.1?
Lt_Gonflette

Post by Lt_Gonflette »

Just upgraded to 1.2.1 and no, the issue remains.

Post by Guest »

So I can run Route 66 with RedneckGDX by directly choosing it in the Episode menu (where it appears alongside the two classic episodes), but I can't seem to be able to launch Rides Again (nor can I with RedNukem, it just plain doesn't see any Redneck Rampage-related .grp).
Either I'm doing something completely wrong or something's up with my files. I did pluck them from an older PC (and before that I had copy-pasted them from an even older PC) so perhaps something was lost along the way.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It sounds indeed weird. Normally Raze shouldn't be able to find it as well as long as it not the wrong content. So I'm a bit at a loss here. The game works fine for me.
Lt_Gonflette

Post by Lt_Gonflette »

The files I copy-pasted from the older PC were like ten years old, back when I was given RR as a gift. One of these days I'll probably buy the Redneck series myself and test it out on Raze. There's no reason Raze shouldn't be able to run R66 and RA.

Until then, thanks for your attention Graf!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Age should not matter. The files in more recent re-releases are exactly the same.
For Route 66 I strongly recommend to follow the procedure outlined here viewtopic.php?p=1186413#p1186413
and zip the R66 contents, and then delete them from the game directory, as they interfere with the base game (some improper sound overrides)
Maybe that already helps with the saves.
Can you at least post one of the R66 saves that don't work?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I just had an idea what may be up here.
Do you have by any chance copied the RRRA GRP file into a folder with CONs from the original RR?
If yes, that may be the reason for your problems. Best take both games' GRP files and copy them to a clean folder, and the zipped R66 data along. Then all should work fine.
Lt_Gonflette

Post by Lt_Gonflette »

Hello Graf, I've made progress for Rides Again, as I've followed your steps and now it seems to be working properly.
But as for R66, the problem remains, even though I have all R66 maps in their folder and the other R66 files in the folder above. It's the only game without a .grp file attached to it, and it's the only one for which I can't load saves.

I've sent you a save.
Thank you.
Attachments
save0002.dsave
(80.83 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Try to take the game out of the desktop folder. Sometimes strange things happen if you try to run stuff from protected folders.
Lt_Gonflette

Post by Lt_Gonflette »

Just smacked the whole of Raze into my D drive, and now I can reload saves in Route 66 :)

Not sure why this happens, but anyways, thank you very much for your time and help!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Sometimes the system's special folders act a bit weirdly, especially when trying to compare full paths to their content. It may not always be the same. For R66 this would be a problem because the savegame stores a reference to the actual game data - which in this case is not a file, but a directory.

Return to “Closed Bugs [Raze]”