Found a bug in a map? Please provide a savegame

Moderator: Raze Developers

Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Found a bug in a map? Please provide a savegame

Post by Graf Zahl »

I would like to ask anyone discovering a bug in a map that is reproducible from a savegame to attach such a savegame to the report to reduce investigation time.
Having to find a broken location from a screenshot is not easy and can take a considerable amount of time, especially when I do not know the map, which is still the case of many maps even in the original games. Having a savegame means I can just quickly jump in and repeatedly test the situation where the bug occurs.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Found a bug in a map? Please provide a savegame

Post by Redneckerz »

If its not attached already, ill link to this in the pinned message on Discord. Extra visibility never hurts.
rolfhub
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rolfhub »

Hi, how do I attach a savegame if it is larger than 52 KiB? The board software tells me that 52 KiB is the maximum file size, but I am trying to open a bug report and the file size is 102 KiB (written by Raze 1.7.1). Can someone please reconfigure the board software, so that all savegame files written by Raze or GZDoom can be attached successfully?
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

The forum attachment size is so small because our host space is limited and bandwidth/storage costs money. If the attachment size is too large, please use a 3rd-party service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Mediafire.

8-)
rolfhub
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rolfhub »

I now uploaded the savegame to my private Google Drive and added the link in the description of my post, which should be fine, but still, it's a bit cumbersome.

Maybe you could do something like the Wikipedia: They ask for donations every year, and this way, they can keep the whole service free and also free from ads all year round. Maybe you could do the same and with this money, things that are nice to have like larger attachments would be no problem. I have no idea how many people would actually donate, but you could give it a try.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Asking for user donations is fraught with issues that I'd rather not deal with, and isn't really sustainable for a relatively small community like this one. There's plenty of free and free-ish places to put files elsewhere. Anyway, that issue has been resolved, so please keep this thread on-topic moving forward.

8-)
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

This may be a dumb question, but where are savegames located?

Return to “Bugs [Raze]”