[Concept map] Halo shielding system (COMPLETED)

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.

Do you want the source?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 18

Postby Shadelight » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:35 am

cars in singleplayer!? :surprise:
This guy is a madman! a madman I tells ya!
Shadelight
You must construct additional lumber.

Discord: Shadelight#4920

Postby solarsnowfall » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:43 am

Yup. Another crazy thing thats going in that project, is an air strike. The player tosses out a signal becon/smoke grenade (haven't gotten to that part yet) wich triggers an air strike, raining artillary shells on that location. It's pretty damn funny to watch it go to work on a crowd of monsters! I finished the actual air strike itself, just need to get to the triggering system.
solarsnowfall

Postby Shadelight » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:46 am

another fun thing for the veichle thing... would be like a walkway but with tons of monsters. you would need to get into your veichle and blast all the monsters that are in your way. :)
Shadelight

Postby solarsnowfall » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:56 am

Oh, there will be lots of monsters, don't you worry.
solarsnowfall

Postby Shadelight » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:10 am

no I'm talking about like other maps. like you could use the veichle system for a custom map. not the demo map.
Shadelight

Postby solarsnowfall » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:20 am

KingofFlames wrote:no I'm talking about like other maps. like you could use the veichle system for a custom map. not the demo map.

We're working on a full blown level to implement all of this in.
solarsnowfall

Postby Shadelight » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:24 am

cool! I'll be watching this thread then. maybe I'll use some of this stuff for my level.
Shadelight

Postby Zero » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:18 am

Hey, is there any way we could have this send less packets? From what I can tell, it is constantly sending the player number to the server. Maybe we could have it store the number instead of constantly rereading it?
Zero

Postby Apothem » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:52 pm

It's not that, it's the health checker :? There's not much i can really do about it.... due to the nature of this script I dont think it will be possible to lower the packet consumption by a lot... You can try to mod it if you want.

EDIT: If you really wanna play this online, make a ruckus about it on the skulltag forums about how hudmessage wont work for individual players... Carn refuses to fix the bug in skulltag, and unless there are enough active scripters making a fuss about it, I dont think he'll fix it
Apothem
ACS scripting makes my head go BooM!

Postby Apothem » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:36 pm

When I finish my current projects, I may make a v2.0 of this concept which will replicate the Halo 2 shielding system. But that may not be for a while. Just thought I'd let you guys know that this concept has still been in my head and I've been thinking of revising it. 8-)

I'll also try to make it a tad better for netplay, as from what a previous post has said, the script may need revision considering the nature in which I do a few info reads etc. I'll prolly be making a new thread for this in a month or two when I either finish/start the coding for the RPG Engine.
Apothem
ACS scripting makes my head go BooM!

Previous

Return to Editing (Archive)