[Concept map] Halo shielding system (COMPLETED)

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.

Do you want the source?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 18

Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Yeah, use Halo Map Tools 3.5. Works wonders for sound FX and some graphics rips.

8-)
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Caligari_87 wrote:Yeah, use Halo Map Tools 3.5. Works wonders for sound FX and some graphics rips.

8-)
Too bad i had to rip it from halo 2..... But i also managed to get the shotgun, pistol, and sword sfx as well. (in case anyone is interested)
Zero

Post by Zero »

I'd like to implement this in some coop wads, any way I can do this? Possibly releasing the ACS source, or making it compatable with other maps?
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Zero wrote:I'd like to implement this in some coop wads, any way I can do this? Possibly releasing the ACS source, or making it compatable with other maps?
I'm working on making it work multiplayer, if you want it, i can give it to you, but i really dont wanna release the source untill i have it 100% complete.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Alrighty, well, if you get on STO or AIM or something, That'd be awesome :D
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Alrighty... Zero's taken care of... Now I was wondering if someone could whip up a descent, open, level I could mod and work with so this shielding system's abilities could be shown off a bit... It really doesn't have to be much at all, just a small map with a couple monsters to show off the system.... But leave some room for driving a car or something, because this'll be the same map I'm prolly gonna end up using for testing and implementing vehicles. Anyone who's willing to contribute, please post here, or PM me or something
Belial

Post by Belial »

About the decent level part, I remember when Grubber came up with his terrain tool someone had the idea of getting bumpmaps of Halo levels and using them for Doom. That would be uber-cool and fit your wad perfectly.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Indeed it would, but I've got some other great news.... As of right now... I've ALMOST GOT THE GFX FOR THE HUD WORKING YAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYA
Edit: Scratch that... They ARE working! Woot! 8-)
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Just an update, I've been working with solarsnowfall and we've got a much better looking version developed and overshield is now supported.... Expect a final release with the source sometime soon.
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

And with the shield hit sounds, a better sounding shield as well ;)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Well the sheild certainly does the trick, and it roxors whilst it's at it :D.

However the map is about to become subject to my nitpicking ways:

*All of the crates are too big/misaligned
*Underwater isn't blue.
*Water doesn't slope, especially flowing up hill (If you look at the water it always looks like it's flowing in a cetain direction)
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

That water has been bugging me. I'll cook something up, seeing how Apothems strong suite is ACS, and not mapping.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Well, damn! This shielding system kicks major ass! Way to go, Apothem!
Belial

Post by Belial »

So when will someone port a Halo map to ZDoom? :D
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Belial wrote:So when will someone port a Halo map to ZDoom? :D
That's actually the plan, I was hoping to recreate the intro to the level "The Silent Cartographer" from Halo 1... But my mapping abilities arent exactly 'awesome' sooo oh well.. However if someone wants to contribute, please lemme know... I will be working on vehicles after this so I should be able to do a full halo map with everything soon 8-)
Xaser wrote:Well, damn! This shielding system kicks major ass! Way to go, Apothem!
Thanks Xaser :D

Return to “Editing (Archive)”