Weapon freezes game. Help!

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Gunsym

Weapon freezes game. Help!

Post by Gunsym »

So I've been working on a weapon and every time I test it out it freezes the game. It's every time that I try to equip it. If anyone knows anything about that let me know!

Thanks!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Weapon freezes game. Help!

Post by wildweasel »

Without being able to see your code, the one thing I can think of is your state durations. Does the Ready state have at least one tic of length?
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Endie »

Maybe your rise/ready states are with 0 tics, this happened with me before
(example: TNT1 A 0 A_WeaponReady/A_Raise)
Try changing the rotations to 1 if so
(TNT1 A 1 A_WeaponReady/A_Raise)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

A select state with a zero-length A_Raise loop should just instantly go to Ready, shouldn't it?

(but yeah, there's no way to solve a problem like this without seeing the actual code causing it - however obvious it is once seen, while unseen it could be anywhere)

Return to “Scripting”