Custom Sky Not Working with WADs?

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Outtagum

Custom Sky Not Working with WADs?

Post by Outtagum »

I have this pk3 of the PSX fire sky that I use for Doom ep3. It works flawlessly with the original IWAD but when I use it with other map sets (for example: No End in Sight) I see a 'flash' of the original sky texture every few frames.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/thwwvv1g3 ... iresky.pk3

I don't know what I've done wrong here. Anyone have any pointers as to why it wouldn't work with ep3 replacement maps?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Custom Sky Not Working with WADs?

Post by wildweasel »

Are you loading the sky patch before or after NEIS?
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

I was autoloading it. I tried loading afterwards and it works fine.

Does that mean there's no way for me to simply add this to my autoload list in my cfg file?

Any idea why there's no conflict with the Doom IWAD when autoloaded?

Sorrry for these noob questions. I'm just trying to get my head around why there's a conflict.

EDIT: PS: Thanks for the tip. :)
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

As a rule of thumb, think of the IWADs as completely unmodded and pure. That means anything loaded via autoload WILL be loaded after. However, loading a custom WAD means it and your autoload will be loaded in somewhat of an indeterminate order (in fact, I'm not sure what takes precedence but I feel autoload does). Your best bet is to make sure that any end-all modifications (such as changing skies) should come last in the load order, or at the very least make sure they are being loaded after anything that could change the skies is.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”