Custom ipk3 support?

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Custom ipk3 support?

Post by Rachael »

So starting on this day (and a few days newer, not shown here), Graf added support for custom ipk3's (or 7's, or iwads). The basic caveat was it had to have its own iwadinfo.txt and carry a special extension.

Well - I gave it a shot, but I don't know what I am missing. I originally tried this with a different project (my own personal project), and was hoping to actually make another pull request for Wolf: BOA with this completed later on, but since it doesn't appear to be working for me I can't do that until I figure out what the problem is. I don't know if it's a bug or something I failed to do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Basically the archive in question is an early version of Freedoom: Demo, wadext'd, with a custom iwadinfo.txt containing the following:

Code: Select all

IWad
{
	Name = "Freedoom: Demo Version"
	Autoname = "doom.freedoom.demo"
	Game = "Doom"
	Config = "Doom"
	Mapinfo = "mapinfo/doom1.txt"
	MustContain = "E1M1", "FREEDOOM"
	BannerColors = "32 54 43", "c6 dc d1"
}
_mental_

Re: Custom ipk3 support?

Post by _mental_ »

There was a problem with name comparison I fixed in this commit.

Also, there is an additional requirement for IWADs with embedded IWADINFO lump: their names must be unique.
The name from your sample is already present in iwadinfo.txt so this custom IWAD will be ignored even with the fix above.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Oh, neat, thank you, _mental_. ^_^

It works now.

My example was an effort at creating a minimal example - I did not think it would cause a name collision. I just wanted an extremely minimal IWAD that was legal for me to post modified.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

So, using this, is there a way to automatically detect if a valid IWAD archive was what launched GZDoom, and skip the IWAD selection screen if that's the case?

Use case: With any IWAD, but specifically a mod like BoA or Square, where I would expect double clicking the .ipk3 to actually launch the game, it still asks for me to select an IWAD... It's fine if it's the only IWAD found, but prompts if there are other IWADs available.

EDIT: OK, so correction here... if you launch GZDoom by clicking an IWAD, it'll always prompt you for an IWAD (and always has, to my memory)... So this is old/current behavior that I don't think makes sense, but... Probably a non-issue.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's because double clicking is like using -file, but to skip IWAD selection you'd have to use -iwad.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”