Two questions regarding assets

Discuss all aspects of editing for ZDoom.
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Two questions regarding assets

Postby Drake Raider » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:09 am

Is it possible to change the colormap/palette or texture resource set during or between a level?

Hm.... how to say

Say. Episode one emphisizes primary colours, but episode 2 moves into a more volotile region and saturates the oranges over tthe blues.

And switching a texture set, so you don't have to remap the map itself, but just create different sets of textures with the same names and have the game cycle between them based on script.
Drake Raider
Currently working on Blanket Doom

Re: Two questions regarding assets

Postby Blue Shadow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:30 am

Nope and nope.
Blue Shadow

Postby Drake Raider » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:46 am

So if you were, to sau, safe the palatte or texture file into the map wad,, and then import the wad into a map folder on a pk3, they would still all be loaded at launch and overwrite each other?
Drake Raider

Postby Caligari87 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:27 pm

The default or the one in the main pk3 would get loaded at runtime, the one in the map wad would be ignored because there's already a palette loaded by the time a level is started.

I believe.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Drake Raider » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Alright. I'll have to think of something else for what I'm making. the-sergeant-who-shall-not-be-marked is working on something that recognizes exact map references to convert them. Perhaps like that. I'm not that fluent in acs, but if statements can check for specific map names, labels, or references, right? Can they also check for loaded iwads?
Drake Raider

Postby Drake Raider » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:11 am

Double Post here but I think I found a solution to the palatte problem.

A script that set sector color for every reference could simulate a palatte change in truecolor. But I do have one dilemma. I would need a colour change to be relative rather than absolute. Is it possible somehow to check what the current colour is?
Drake Raider

Return to Editing (Archive)