I cannot get this Polyobj Door swing to appear in my map

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
K3netik

I cannot get this Polyobj Door swing to appear in my map

Post by K3netik »

I've followed all of the resources out there, watched many youtube videos on how to build this particular type of door and I keep getting errors: Spawnpolyobj: poly 1 does not exist, ect. in the in game screenshot at the below link. I've also uploaded the properties for all sidedefs and anchors at this link: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=EC1DC6222 ... 222DABD351. If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated. I'm in a deadlock with development on my map until I can figure this out. The soon, the better. Thanks in advance.

K3netik.
Remmirath
Discord: Remmirath#0424
Twitch ID: TheRemmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: I cannot get this Polyobj Door swing to appear in my map

Post by Remmirath »

Second screenshot, Polyobject number 559 isn't the same as the polyobject anchor thing angle value. They've got to have the same number. (Obviously 559 isn't viable for an angle, so just change the number 559 to 1, which matches the polyobject anchor angle value you set in the other screenshots).

Also, in the 2nd screenshot, you've given the linedef a tag value. That is not necessary.
Last edited by Remmirath on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
K3netik

Re: I cannot get this Polyobj Door swing to appear in my map

Post by K3netik »

Thanks a million. Your suggestions fixed my problem. Off I go to continue building my monster of a level. This problem hung me up for almost 2 days. Your effort will be rewarded when I release my work. I'll give special thanks in the credits.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”