reloading script doesn't work as expected? (SOLVED)

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
vae

reloading script doesn't work as expected? (SOLVED)

Post by vae »

hi! i just recently started working on my first doom wad (as in yesterday ^^; ) so as is probably expected of first-timers i'm mostly relying on a spattering of tutorials to get some of the things i want to do working, and learning decorate as i go.

so i have a custom weapon that is supposed to have 15-round magazines and can reload infinitely. but, the ammo count does not go back up after reloading. this is mostly strange to me because i almost verbatim used gunlabs' tutorial weapon for the reloading script; the only differences are the use of only one ammo type and the removal of the action for taking from the main clip pool. my code for the weapon and its ammo type are here:
Spoiler:
what am i missing? rubber duck debugging has not helped me here, but i feel like it's a very simple issue i'm just overlooking! (like how until today the gun would reload after one shot because i forgot to add "goto ready" at the end of the fire protocol ><) thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by vae on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zergeant

Re: reloading script doesn't work as expected?

Post by Zergeant »

I'm not sure what problem you're experiencing, the weapon functions fine for me. Are you running the latest developer build?
vae

Re: reloading script doesn't work as expected?

Post by vae »

Zergeant wrote:I'm not sure what problem you're experiencing, the weapon functions fine for me. Are you running the latest developer build?
okay yeah wow apparently i was unknowingly like a full version behind on my install of gzdoom (which is weird because i only downloaded it like end of 2016?). so it really was something simple i was missing, i just wasn't looking in the right place.

i feel like an idiot. thanks for your help, though!

Return to “Editing (Archive)”