[KDiZD] Official Trailer Released

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

He's the team leader, and founder of concept actually :?
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

As long as full recognition is in the final release, I don't really see the problem.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Sir_Alien - Well, there is no "official KDiZD team" so I just used that. It has nothing to do with me having a big ego and pretending, the whole project is mine, just some "style thing concerning the trailer" ;)

@NMN - Actually you are right, which doesn't mean that I didn't even get half as far without you teammates :) *hug*
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Hey, whatever, not getting up at anyone or anything...

Just thought, I would've omitted that... No big thing.

Anyway, critically speaking, I have to admit that trailer didn't make me think "Oh my God, wow, I have to play this!"

I watched the Hi and Lo Res versions, and it feels like you tetered between not wanting to show too much and wanting to show off. As a result you haven't found a decent middle ground, and you've shown a lot of stuff which I didn't find to be particularly intriguing or exciting, and just made me think, "Hey, looks like E1. Okay."

I would have perhaps just had the headers ("Relive," "The Way it was Supposed to Be" etc) over a black screen with sounds overlapping, interspersed with flashes of nice architecture (such as that crane thingy) and resource wad monsters.

I think in this situation, less would have been more. By teasing us with glimpses and flashes of what is to come, our excitement would have only been peaked to an even greater extreme and the anticipation enhanced by a great factor.

I think a trailer like this would have been more appropriate closer to the release date.

Personally I have to say, if I were sitting on the fence in regards to this project, I would probably have been disappointed by that trailer and lost interest.

Mind you, this is not a criticism of the project (which I still eagerly await).

And come on, that SSG was overused in the clip. How many times can you hear that "Boom, click, thunk," on high repeat before you start groping for something to pierce your eardrums..?

Overall tho, don't take this personally. It's just my opinion. I don't speak for everyone, as I'm sure everyone else will attest.

Go KDIZD! :rock:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Hmmm *trailer obviously failed it*
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I didn't think it was that bad. It doesn't spoil too much like movie trailers do
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

why did you post something that I have to spend my money in order to download the damn thing?
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

errr.... wtfzor?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nightmare - Use free download at the bottom!
reelmojo

Post by reelmojo »

In case anyone is having trouble with Rapidshare (I know I did) I have an extra mirror for you:

Hi-Res Version Only
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

Wow, here's mine incredibly caustic opinion on the trailer.

Let's start with the good sides - there is some cool video editing and music, all right. And lewl Q2 sounds.

Uh... That might be about it...

Now, the, oh, few downsides. In completely random order, you don't say "Relive the suspense" while there is mindless slaughter on the screen. Also, why the heck was there so much hype over the detail? All I see are mediocre maps with medium detail and utterly and completely random and self-important, non-atmospheric detail bursts. What is with the new monsters? They were cool in Torment and Torture, but that's supposed to be a Doom E1 remix. Awful Doom alpha or whatever new gun which goes clack-clack? Uh, I think not. The levels lack solidity, it shows that 50 different people were working on them.

Really, RTC's demo made me change my underpants 3 times in an hour and this thing made me raise an eyebrow.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Thx for sharing Your bashing.

Here's a rust texture to make You happy:

Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

mmmmmmm rust
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

I'm not bashing. I really wanted this project to be the best fucking thing ever, as good as RTC or even better. I waited for it and imagined playing it time and again. And now I'm a lot more disappointed than I am bashy or spiteful.

Also, thank you for the rust texture. It's lovely, really.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Oh get the fuck over yourselves. Any time anybody has anything negative to say about KDIZD, you brush it off as "bashing". Why not take the criticism and use it to make KDIZD (god I hate that acronym) better instead of trolling anybody who doesn't worship it like you guys do?

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the BS from both sides of this stupid argument. Grow the fuck up, all of you.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”