[Solved] ACC and ZDBSP for Mac?

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Lexus Alyus

[Solved] ACC and ZDBSP for Mac?

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Is there a version of ACC and ZDBSP for Mac OS X? So far I'm not compiling any BSP, which is fine as ZDoom does it automatically (is this a good idea though? My levels seem to work okay ATM with no BSP), but I can't compile scripts in OS X, so I guess I mainly just want a version of ACC for OS X.

:twisted:
Last edited by Lexus Alyus on Thu May 19, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
_mental_

Re: ACC and ZDBSP for Mac?

Post by _mental_ »

I can compile a version for you. What's version of OS X you are using?
There is a build of ACC 1.55 for OS X here. Although it's a little bit unfriendly to download. To grab executable and .acs files you need to click on each file one by one and then click on Raw button.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Cool, that wold be really good :)

I'm using Yosemite - 10.10.5

Would I just get Slade 3 to point to the file called ACC to get scripts compiled? I got the raw version of ACC in that link. Clicking it brings up a load of random text, I'm guessing Slade would do all the work? Not really sure how this works :D

Thanks again for the help though :)

_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Put downloaded acc and all *.acs files in one folder. In SLADE preferences find Scripting -> ACS and set Location of acc executable to the acc file.
Now you can click on the button with blue arrow/zeros/ones when you are browsing ACS file to compile it.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Sorry for the late response, but thanks a lot for the help :)

[EDIT] Damn, I can't compile scripts for some reason. I've downloaded the mac acc and copied the zcommon, etc.. into their own blank txt documents (and renamed them .acs) but upon trying to compile a simple script I get the following error message (see attachment).

Attachments
acserror.png
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

Maybe it's because of the spaces in the path? Had some other programs barf on me because of spaces or unicode characters (most notably Polish accents such as ąęśćźż) in the path so it's worth a try.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I've removed all the spaces but I still get an error when attempting to compile scripts :(. However this time it's error 13 rather than error 2 (what do these numbers mean?)

Here's a new screenshot with the script and error message:
nuvaerr.png
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Lexus Alyus wrote:I've removed all the spaces but I still get an error when attempting to compile scripts :(. However this time it's error 13 rather than error 2 (what do these numbers mean?)
2 - No such file or directory
13 - Permission denied

Open Terminal.app and execute ls -l /full/path/to/acc with that path from the error message.
Most likely the output will start with -rw-r--r--. If so execute chmod a+x /full/path/to/acc.
This will set execute bit on executable and you will be able to run it. Don't forget to use proper acc path in these commands.
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

_mental_ wrote:
Lexus Alyus wrote:I've removed all the spaces but I still get an error when attempting to compile scripts :(. However this time it's error 13 rather than error 2 (what do these numbers mean?)
2 - No such file or directory
13 - Permission denied

Open Terminal.app and execute ls -l /full/path/to/acc with that path from the error message.
Most likely the output will start with -rw-r--r--. If so execute chmod a+x /full/path/to/acc.
This will set execute bit on executable and you will be able to run it. Don't forget to use proper acc path in these commands.
Yup, sounds about right. Also you don't need to set a. Command "chmod +x /full/path/to/acc" would do the job as well.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Cool, it's all working fine now :). Thanks both to _mental_ and darkhog :).

lriz

Re: [Solved] ACC and ZDBSP for Mac?

Post by lriz »

Wait, is there a build of ZDBSP I could run on OS X (Sierra!?). I'm having a hell of a time finding a nodebuilder that runs on modern OS X.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
lriz

Re: [Solved] ACC and ZDBSP for Mac?

Post by lriz »

Went ahead and compiled ZDBSP and ACC on my MacBook for myself—and for whomever else cares to have those things running on OS X 10.12.x, here they are, AS IS etc. http://lucasrizoli.com/share/acc-zdbsp-osx-sierra.zip

Return to “Editing (Archive)”