Seeking landscaping advice

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.

Re: Seeking landscaping advice

Postby enderkevin13 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:35 pm

DavidN wrote:And! After selecting that ("Draw Grid"), go over to the right and pop open the "Draw Settings" tab there to select the option to create triangles - its settings change when Draw Grid is highlighted. That threw me for a while.

Screenshots? I don't see a option to create triangles.
enderkevin13
Official abbadon of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby DavidN » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:51 pm

OK - here are some screenshots with some landscaping going on :) Go here first:

Then hover over the right menu bar to open it (I was wrong about the draw options changing - it's actually a new tab that appears, "Draw Grid") and select "Triangulate" before drawing. I also found the "Lock to grid" option helpful rather than manually selecting a size.

DavidN

Postby enderkevin13 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm

DavidN wrote:OK - here are some screenshots with some landscaping going on :) Go here first:

Then hover over the right menu bar to open it (I was wrong about the draw options changing - it's actually a new tab that appears, "Draw Grid") and select "Triangulate" before drawing. I also found the "Lock to grid" option helpful rather than manually selecting a size.

How do you get the underwater areas to not be all glitched?
enderkevin13
Official abbadon of ZDoom
Banned User

Postby DavidN » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:30 pm

I don't have any underwater areas here - the lava is just plain Doom stand-on lava. Although I deleted the vertices that were in the lava after deciding on my paths, so that the lava didn't "stick" to the platforms as I lowered and raised them - a sector will conform to the height of vertices around it only if that sector is triangular.
DavidN

Previous

Return to Editing (Archive)