Z-Kart discussion

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.

Re: Z-Kart discussion

Postby scalliano » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Good work, sir!
scalliano
Socially Distant

Postby Dreadopp » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:45 am

Thank you kindly, sir!
Dreadopp
I'm in the Zone!

Postby Clownman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Susumukart.png

Doubt I will be able to finish this.
What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clownman
I'm not gonna fight you... I'm gonna kick your ass.

Postby Average » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:32 am

I know this bump will probably be frowned upon but I couldn't resist.

When this project first came to be there was a huge flurry of activity... until last October. Then nothing.

Is there work going on with this out of the public eye? Is there an ETA for a proper demo?

Thanks and appreciation for any (nice) responses. :)
Average

Postby GooberMan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:36 am

I believe many people have been holding off on continuing their work until I solidify the kart physics code as well as the AI. I haven't worked on that in a while - but hey, I did finally get my shit together and push Prime Directive out so I currently have no other Doom mods wanting my time. Of course, my spare time over the next half a year is likely to be consumed entirely by my day job (ie shipping Quantum Break) so I won't get much of a chance to get the physics up to speed for a while.

If anyone does want to continue their maps, scalliano's E3M1-alike map is a good example to follow from. My MAP30-alike is an example both of what currently works and what is meant to work in the finished product.
GooberMan
Best taken in small quantities

Postby scalliano » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am

Just as an aside, I'm still working on my other maps (Abandonded Mines is slowly taking shape) and I'm also working on the item pickups and some other characters (Mel from TSP and Morse from Winters Fury to name but two) so this project is by no means dead.

However, my priority ATM is shipping ToPII and that's taken up the majority of what little opportunity I've had to work on stuff over the last few months, so give me a chance to get that out the door, then we'll talk turkey.
scalliano
Socially Distant

Postby GooberMan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:21 pm

I will have a week at home next week, so I may play around with the physics some more then. If I can get the initiative up. Trying to recharge as much as possible, since the next six months promise to be pretty full-on for me.
GooberMan

Postby GooberMan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:25 am

Necro-bumping to confirm I won't get a chance to look at this until at least February.

I suppose one thing I should do though is put the Create-A-Kart code and project state up on a Github. It'd make that part of the management significantly easier.
GooberMan

Postby scalliano » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Good to know this is still on your agenda though, Goober. I'm kind of tied up in other stuff myself right now, too (ToPII and some important RL stuff that I won't get into), but I still have my maps and the weapons on the back burner.
scalliano
Socially Distant

Previous

Return to Editing (Archive)