WHOS THE ACS MASTER NOW

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: WHOS THE ACS MASTER NOW

Post by DoomRater »

I got a disassembler and decompiler, have a decompiled script that I can't read too well, but as long as it recompiles no troubles I'm fine because I really only need to add a little bit of code anyway to make the updates and all the info I needed to know in order to add it is located in the KEYCONF file. Edit: And with LoadACS I didn't even really need that now that I know what script numbers are taken.

So why haven't I just WRITTEN it already.... grrr.
Last edited by DoomRater on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

I personally believe it's one of the biggest asshole things you can do to not include your source, especially if it could be a very insightful example. :(
carlcyber

Post by carlcyber »

Oops, hoping this isn't too late.
Attachments
doomtris.zip
The author did include the source, don't blame him!
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Oh man that helps a whole bunch. Now I don't need to wonder why the author used 300 matricies (ACS doesn't actually handle multidimensional arrays, it just strides them) AND I know what the fields were for!

I'm glad I didn't need it to do the basic stuff, BUT this will help when I do the later mods like counterclockwise rotation and wipe animations.

Edit: for shiz and giggles, here's what the decompiled code looks like: http://pastebin.com/m50421c81

OMG right? It's functional and probably efficient but extra super hard to read!

Return to “Editing (Archive)”