Stopping player float bobbing

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.

Stopping player float bobbing

Postby Cjk10000 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:43 pm

If you set PROP_FLY on a player, when he's in the air he always floatbobs. Is there any way to disable it?

I tried using the flag
-FLOATBOB

But no success. I don't know if there's a better way around making an ACS script loop every tic to force the player to his default Z height (since the actual Z changes; no idea if that'd be choppy or not).
Cjk10000

Re: Stopping player float bobbing

Postby amv2k9 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Cjk10000 wrote:If you set PROP_FLY on a player, when he's in the air he always floatbobs. Is there any way to disable it? I tried using the flag -FLOATBOB But no success.
FLOATBOB is for pickups. Adding WRF_NOBOB to A_WeaponReady will disable weapon bob all the time, on the ground or otherwise. Dunno if there's a way to disable it in air without resorting to some ACS.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby XutaWoo » Wed May 02, 2012 2:58 pm

That's completely not what he means at all.

Anyway, unfortunately I don't think there's a way to fix this with the way ZDoom currently works. Just one of those things that makes you wonder why ZDoom hates your guts for being original.
XutaWoo
one day when going to see the rabbit, there was a previous visitor ...

Postby amv2k9 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 pm

XutaWoo wrote:That's completely not what he means at all.
Yeah, I see that now; not the weapon bobbing when you move through the air but the actual player.
amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu May 03, 2012 12:59 am

The feature is implemented like it was needed for Raven's Wings of Wrath, not for an antigravity system. :mrgreen:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Return to Editing (Archive)