GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Postby camaxide » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:34 am

not a bug, just I didn't really enjoy the new texture editor as much. I have to toggle between used only textures or all textures - before I had top used textures and bottom all, with no need to switch. and now is a white boarder around the textures.
Probably just me not used to the look - but why can't I have used and all combined like before? or is there a setting in the options somewhere I dont find? :)
camaxide

Postby Mechadon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Yea, I'd like to echo camaxide's sentiments on the texture browser changes. Mostly the fact that you have to toggle showing only used textures now, instead of them being at the top of the list like before. If there's a way to revert back to the old behavior as an option, that'd be nice.
Mechadon
Lazytron

Postby camaxide » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Myself I reverted back to the previous version for now, to have the texture browser the way it used to. I guess the idea with the new one is the ability to see textures based on folders if they are placed in folders in the pk3/wad.
But the look of the browser, and the functionality of it was really good as it were before - it could be as it was, and still support folders :)
camaxide

Postby Accensus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Is there a way to change which browser GZDB will use to open quick-help wiki links? It uses IE and that's buggin' me. I don't have that as the default browser set.
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby MaxED » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:01 pm

You do have that as default browser set.
GZDB gets the default browser from "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command\" registry value.
MaxED

Postby Accensus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Fixed it the regedit way. Dunno why it's default though. Eh, Windows...

I owe you one, pal!
Accensus
Vector, locked in.

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ryan Cordell » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

My only complaint with the new version is that 'Used textures only' is automatically checked whenever I'm browsing for textures and I can't seem to find any way to disable that. Driving me rather batty, it is.
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby MaxED » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:04 am

Fixed. Also the implementation of showing used/all textures is now different.
MaxED

Postby Mechadon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:48 am

Thanks MaxEd, I like the checkbox to keep used textures at the top :)
Mechadon
Lazytron

Postby ZZYZX » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:32 pm

1. Is it just me or the old texture selection window could fit more textures in it?
2. How do I see all textures and flats from doom2.wad with the following window? http://i.imgur.com/LJqiYrZ.png
That's pretty generic requirement for ZDoom workflow where textures vs flats doesn't really matter...
3. Any chance to have no outlines for textures and texture names centered?
4. Filter is no longer a real text field. This means it's not possible to do ctrl-backspace to write a completely new name anymore. Please either make ctrl-backspace clear the field or make it a real text field again.
5. I have this flat shown to me.

Why does GZDB have the Skype syndrome? Nothing to change — change the UI then! And no options.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ZZYZX
le chat du rabbin

Discord: ZZYZX#1394
Github ID: jewalky

Postby Numnzel » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:11 pm

I have to agree with some others, the new texture explorer is nice, but I think the old functionality was plain perfect.

The only thing I see as an improvement (excluding the UI) is the folder explorer, although personally, I think I would disable that feature if I could because I don't see how it could help me, it even takes space away for textures.
Numnzel

Postby Xaser » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:25 pm

Got an unrelated feature suggestion: a fractional-unit grid for UDMF.

Backstory: I'm in a spot where I'm getting nodebuilder precision issues in a map and need to quantize a mass amount of vertices somehow. The "Snap Selected Elements to Grid" feature is exactly what I need, but 1 unit is still a bit too granular for most areas. Being able to snap vertices to 1/2 or 1/4 of a unit would probably save my bacon here.

[BTW, since I haven't posted here for a while, just wanted to say that the latest versions' enhanced sector splitting stuff is mighty cool. Takes a bit of getting used to, but being able to drag A over B and have A still be intact is hella useful. Props n' whatnot.]

[Double-BTW: I quite like the new texture browser. Folks iffy about it ought to try using long texture names sometime. :P ]
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby Gez » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:40 pm

SLADE can decrease map grid to 0.5, 0.25, 0.10, or 0.5.
Gez

Postby ZZYZX » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Xaser wrote:[Double-BTW: I quite like the new texture browser. Folks iffy about it ought to try using long texture names sometime. :P ]

Well I understand that this is sometimes useful. Key word is "sometimes". And even then, completely different texture browser should be done for long texture names (something like tree view with small thumbnails (64x64 or so) with also large texture preview window to the left).

But pls at least implement a large checkbox called USE THE OLD TEXTURE BROWSER DESIGN. Which would reset texture tile sizes to 80x80, remove these dumb borders and put texture names to center. And return the "all-all-all textures in the wad" view. And fix the filtering. Because right now classic mapping is kinda broken a bit. A little tiny bit.
ZZYZX
le chat du rabbin

Discord: ZZYZX#1394
Github ID: jewalky

Postby MaxED » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:29 pm

1. DIY.
2. Thank God for Me.
MaxED

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects