GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:22 am

Thanks Blue Shadow, that helps :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby pmc » Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 pm

hey. trying to load a map or create a new one in both this and normal Doombuilder gives me this error

I've searched around but none of the solutions I've seen fixed the problem. can someone help?
pmc

Postby Henix_Aurorus » Sun May 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
Xeotroid wrote:I'm pretty sure you can use Doom 2 configs for Doom 1, but if not, there's no real point of doing maps for Doom 1 anyway since you can do anything from Doom 1 in Doom 2 when using ZDoom / Zandronum, like episodic system.

There are quite a bit of textures missing from Doom 2 that were in Doom 1, and I'd rather just have the wad made for Doom 1 than have to add a whole bunch of new textures into the wad.

Then load DOOM.WAD as your primary resource instead of DOOM2.WAD. It'll even show you what ISN'T available in case you forget, by sheer virtue of those things not having sprites. (I don't use Doom 1 for modding, so I have my default resource set to DOOM2.WAD, but if you're working with Doom 1, then it's probably better to either set the IWAD on a case-by-case basis or just set the IWAD to DOOM.WAD.)

I will however agree that having either a built-in Doom 1 set of configs (an easy thing to do) or an option to pick between different Doom IWADs on a case-by-case basis (since there's a grand total of four of them if we also include Final Doom) would be a good idea.
Henix_Aurorus
Destroyer of Worlds. I guess.

Discord: #6038
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun May 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Question about building nodes with recent GZDoom Builder builds:

I made a map in DiH format and saved it without building the nodes.

Spoiler:

Both, Slade3 and the Nodes Viewer plugin tell me that there is no NODES lump.

Then I opened the map again to save it with building the nodes

Spoiler:

but upon checking the map, Slade3 and the Nodes Viewer plugin, again tell me that there is no NODES lump.

Then I opened the map again and saved it with a different name, again no NODES lump.

Then I opened the map with Doombuilder2 r1715 and it built the nodes.

Spoiler:

And now my question:
Is this supposed to happen with GZDoom Builder?

And another question:
If a map is saved with building nodes, for example ZDBSP, will the nodes be rebuilt if the nodebuilder is changed
from ZDBSP to Zennodes?
Kappes Buur

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun May 24, 2015 11:56 pm

pmc wrote:hey. trying to load a map or create a new one in both this and normal Doombuilder gives me this error

I've searched around but none of the solutions I've seen fixed the problem. can someone help?

On page 1 is a list of Required software:
Kappes Buur

Postby Batandy » Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 am

I'm getting some annoying errors while mapping for Golden Souls 2 with the Visual Mode, if you want i could send you my map and resources to debug these

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Postby pmc » Mon May 25, 2015 8:23 am

Kappes Buur wrote:
pmc wrote:hey. trying to load a map or create a new one in both this and normal Doombuilder gives me this error

On page 1 is a list of Required software:

pretty sure I have everything on that list

although the things from Microsoft flat-out aren't giving me an option to download them which is weird
pmc

Postby simc » Tue May 26, 2015 10:43 am

Flipping a linedef action occasionally fails. If there are several linedefs selected few of them might not get filpped. I thought this was my own error but then I found a repeatable example. The selection order and the linedef numbers might affect on this.

1) With lineflip.wad if I first select linedef #17.
Spoiler:

2) Then select linedef #14.
Spoiler:

3) The Flip Linedefs action ('F' key by default) flips now only linedef #14 althougboth of those two linedefs are selected.
Spoiler:

If I select the lines in a reverse order: #14 first, #17 next - they'll both flip correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simc

Postby MaxED » Tue May 26, 2015 4:06 pm

R2313 is out.
Changes since R2308:

1. Added: thing and linedef action arguments can now have tooltips defined in both Game Configuration (using "tooltip" action argument definition property) and DECORATE (using "$argNtooltip" special comment).
Spoiler: Examples

2. Added, MAPINFO parser: "skyflatname" gameinfo property is now parsed. It overrides "skyflatname" Game Configuration property.
3. Fixed: we don't need to reload ResourceImages, because they can't be unloaded and reloading them can cause problems when trying to display them in PictureBoxes while in Visual mode.
4. Fixed, "Flip Linedefs" action: in some cases my sector based flipping logic was behaving incorrectly (this doesn't exactly fix the problem simc mentioned, but it makes the existing aproach a bit more smart :) ).
5. Fixed, Game Configurations window: current configuration was not marked as changed when changing nodebuilders or engine test parameters (this should fix Kapes Buur's nodes issue).
6. Fixed, Game Configurations window: current map is marked as changed when applying changes done in the window.
7. Changed, UDMF saving: removed extra line break between map elements.
8. Removed "Sectors Brightness Mode" action, because the mode itself was removed long ago.
9. Removed Sector Brightness Mode keyboard binding from the default program configuration file.
10. Documentation: updated "DECORATE keys", "Things Settings" and "Linedefs Settings" pages.
Last edited by MaxED on Wed May 27, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaxED

Postby pmc » Tue May 26, 2015 8:46 pm

I've got reason to believe this may be causing problems with other things, given that suddenly about half my Steam library isn't loading. help still appreciated
pmc

Postby wildweasel » Tue May 26, 2015 10:50 pm

pmc wrote:

I've got reason to believe this may be causing problems with other things, given that suddenly about half my Steam library isn't loading. help still appreciated

Did anything recently change with your video hardware or the drivers for it? Maybe a clean install of the video card drivers might help.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby MaxED » Wed May 27, 2015 1:23 am

1. Install DirectX 9.
2. Install the latest drivers for your videocard.
3. Reboot your PC.
MaxED

Postby Tormentor667 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 am

The arguments feature is kewl :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby pmc » Wed May 27, 2015 7:02 am

MaxED wrote:

1. Install DirectX 9.

I'm running Windows 8
MaxED wrote:2. Install the latest drivers for your videocard.

also, dxdiag is saying everything is fine
pmc

Postby Xeotroid » Wed May 27, 2015 7:04 am

Try running it in compatibility mode, right-click on it, go to compatibility and select an older OS, like Windows 7.
Xeotroid

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects