Monster Resource Wad

Discuss all aspects of editing for ZDoom.
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Postby Shadelight » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:25 pm

Eriance wrote:
Deathsong12 wrote:Eriance, instead of submitting monsters to a resource, why not set them up to replace existing Doom monsters and release it a seperate file? That way, they can be used in combination with most weapon mods and on any map.

I dont understand what you mean. O.o You mean change their DoomED numbers so they replace the old doom things?

Yes, it's just as easy as that.
Shadelight
You must construct additional lumber.

Discord: Shadelight#4920

Postby Phobus » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:04 pm

The only problem with doing that is that the monsters were most likely to designed to be put in with the doom monsters, and would replace them in a way that totally changed how the levles worked, possibly making them impossible.

Monster Resources and Monster Replacements are different things entirely, and probably should be kept that way.
Phobus
Registered Occasional Lurker

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:27 pm

Phobus wrote:Monster Resources and Monster Replacements are different things entirely, and probably should be kept that way.

Seconded!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:41 pm

Phobus wrote:The only problem with doing that is that the monsters were most likely to designed to be put in with the doom monsters, and would replace them in a way that totally changed how the levles worked, possibly making them impossible.

Monster Resources and Monster Replacements are different things entirely, and probably should be kept that way.

It would make them impossible. LOL
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Tormentor667 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:59 am

I push this until someone starts to work on this again!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Phobus » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:08 am

I thought we're waiting for the KDiZD crew to finish working and update the wad with the relevant monsters?
Phobus
Registered Occasional Lurker

Postby Risen » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:26 am

No need to wait in order to build new stuff.
Risen

Postby BouncyTEM » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:41 am

need to wait if the only guy who'd review if it get's in or not is busy with KDIZD and other stuffs.
BouncyTEM
All Caps Guy, Maker of Sir Belfin Dramatic Reading Series.

Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Postby jordo12 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:16 pm

Mabye someone has suggested this already, but it would be convenient if the boss monsters from the boss monsters WAD were put in.
jordo12
BEWARE I LIVE

Postby BouncyTEM » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:17 pm

No, that wouldn't be, because both resource wads are for completely different purposes.
Would you add a monster from the monster resource wad into the boss monster resource wad? no, so why would you do vice versa?
Also, folks, I might be able to do some more monsters for this, after I got other projects of mine out of the way. :D
BouncyTEM
All Caps Guy, Maker of Sir Belfin Dramatic Reading Series.

Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Postby jordo12 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:23 pm

well the cyber mastermind sure seems like a boss to me, unless it was taken out.
jordo12
BEWARE I LIVE

Postby stx 2.0 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:48 pm

A. Its still here.

B. FINISH KDIZD NOW!! Too much anticipation for too many projects!

What is the % done?
stx 2.0
Ronald McGoddamn Donald!

Postby ggg » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:41 am

jordo12 wrote:well the cyber mastermind sure seems like a boss to me, unless it was taken out.

It's definitely a joke-boss. Not much of a challenge either-- arguably about as easy as a regular mastermind provided you have cover.
ggg
The Triple G Man

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:02 am

stx 2.0 wrote:B. FINISH KDIZD NOW!! Too much anticipation for too many projects!
What is the % done?

Makes no sense to me to depend firther production of this wad on the release of KDiZD! The MRW is full of bugs (Terror explosion, Afrit ground fire doesn't hurt, Rail Arachnos Railgun offset/color, etc) and they could be fixed. Beyond Eriance created so many new amazing monsters that would fit perfectly in here, and that could already be added. And beyond in this thread are a lot of new sprites and ideas being posted, that also could have been added since ages!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby BloodyBonz » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:43 am

-edit-

Post deleted.
Attachments
big eye.zip
The loooong awaited completion of the big eye...
ok, so I completed it long ago but thought this thread dead so it was never released, but.....
(200.23 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Last edited by BloodyBonz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BloodyBonz

PreviousNext

Return to Editing (Archive)