Monster Resource Wad

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Is anybody doing a Duke Nukem assault trooper monster for this wad? If so, I've gotta pretty neat conversion, I could upload it if you want. :lol:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

jimmy91 wrote:Is anybody doing a Duke Nukem assault trooper monster for this wad?

No, because it is a rip-off of another game. If you want to have DN monsters they should be a separate WAD.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

OK... whatever 8-)
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Graf Zahl wrote:No, because it is a rip-off of another game.
If this weren't the case there would so be a Pig Cop in the MRW by now :wink:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

be awesome if Z/GZdoom would pull of a shrink-ray tryp projectile.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

http://www.skulltag.com/forum/impse.php?t=3677

My first post EVER. Also, see a couple of the monsters I did with DECORATE on there.

PS. Sorry for bumpage. :?
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

To be accepted, the monster has to be decent enough (a demo or sprite picture thingy would be nice once your finished) to be accepted. I don't think no one wants random monsters thrown in the MRW that they don't like.
Also, some of your monsters have very high HP which makes the monster more like a boss than just a monster. Besides the Cybermastermind, no monster have too much HP. I would suggest the strong ones be put in the bosses.wad or something like that instead of MRW, but that's just my opinion.
The person who is in charge of the MRW would actually decide whether it should be put in or not.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Graf is in charge of the MRW now, maybe he could take a look at these and maybe tone down they're health if some of them are accepted?
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I was thinking that Dark Cybie having 8000 hit points was a bit too evil. 8-)

I am working on a lot more than that ATM, actually. :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

IMO, the MRW has enough "recolours". I'm not a big fan of simple recolours anyway and a blue revenant doesn't look good at all IMO.
sundar

Post by sundar »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:To be accepted, the monster has to be decent enough (a demo or sprite picture thingy would be nice once your finished) to be accepted. I don't think no one wants random monsters thrown in the MRW that they don't like.
Also, some of your monsters have very high HP which makes the monster more like a boss than just a monster. Besides the Cybermastermind, no monster have too much HP. I would suggest the strong ones be put in the bosses.wad or something like that instead of MRW, but that's just my opinion.
The person who is in charge of the MRW would actually decide whether it should be put in or not.
The Nightmare Cacodemon is WAY overpowered. Its fireballs are fired in rapid succession and do a lot of damage. Of course, its speed is what makes it challenging so I think the monster would be more balanced if its fireballs did much lesser damage.
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Yeah, I agree with this too. and I made it. XD
I advise either weaker damage or some other form of compromise. However, do keep it mostly translucent. :)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

sundar wrote: The Nightmare Cacodemon is WAY overpowered. Its fireballs are fired in rapid succession and do a lot of damage. Of course, its speed is what makes it challenging so I think the monster would be more balanced if its fireballs did much lesser damage.
Well, it may be overpowered, but you can still dodge it pretty easily. If you can dodge a Belphegorclone's or LordofHeresy's blasts, then most likely you would be capable of dodging the Nightmarecacodemon.

Also, why else would the people call it "Nightmarecacodemon"? The name correspondes with how strong it can be. It is using the term "Nightmare" after all.
Alterworldruler

Post by Alterworldruler »

What about a robot type boss? it would be cool to fight big robot!
Illdo

Post by Illdo »

Where can I download the newest version of the WAD?

Return to “Editing (Archive)”