Monster Resource Wad

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Wow...just excellent. Don't worry, I had already seen this wad way before. :wink: Anyways, hope the mrw wad can continue its great achievement. I hope there are going to be new interesting monsters :) . I am awaiting more updates on it.

Some questions:
1) When you "summon" Afrit, why does it (sometimes) not fire/use a fireball? First, it fires something, then tries to do the same thing, but to of no avail. I find that strange.
2) How come when the mauler demon charges you (continuously biting while going) it doesn't hurt you yet is able to make a monster fight with it? I find it odd.

My opinion/suggestion on some monsters:
1) Superimp: I suggest changing the color of the super imp because I find it hard to tell the difference if its in a wad. I can tell only if the super imp is about to fire because of its green fireball emitting from his hand.
2) Maelstrom: The only problem I have with this is when I kill a maelstrom on a stairway or even on the ground it sometimes blocks my pathway. Therefore, I can't get across. Can't you possibly adjust the death state so you can still go past the dead corpse?

I'm just giving my opinion so try not to go "attack" me. The creators of the monsters can do whatever they want. All I'm saying is I see problems that can be quite tedious. That is all I can remember from the top of my head.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

BloodyBonz wrote:May I humbly submit...

Also, who's currently maintaining the MRW? I would be happy to help if I'm needed.

[Edit]

I took the liberty of fixing the broken monsters (Afrit and Terror, the Rail Arachnotron is unfixable until A_MonsterRail is modified to accept "spawnofs_horz"; as it is, A_MonsterRail accepts no parameters).

Also, is there a difinitive list of what monsters have been given a green light to be included in the MRW? This would include monsters from here and from other threads (ie: the Best Monster Contest).

Lastly, is there a need for me to contact anyone for permission reguarding both the inclusion of indvidual monsters and my taking over the maintenance of the MRW?
Thank the maker!!! :P Finally someone is still doing something with the MRW.

I do believe I need an introduction. Hello, I am Lord_Shadow, noob at your service.

OMG, really i meant the first 2 sentences. I LOVE the MRW, being among the first three wads i played (DOOM 2=first, TNTLE=2, MRW=3) and I am thrilled to see it being kept maintinenced and possibly have the chance to further itself in adding new monsters or whatnot, I would love that.

By the way can somebody look in off-topic and possibly answer my questions? Please :)
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:Wow...just excellent. Don't worry, I had already seen this wad way before. :wink: Anyways, hope the mrw wad can continue its great achievement. I hope there are going to be new interesting monsters :) . I am awaiting more updates on it.

Some questions:
1) When you "summon" Afrit, why does it (sometimes) not fire/use a fireball? First, it fires something, then tries to do the same thing, but to of no avail. I find that strange.
2) How come when the mauler demon charges you (continuously biting while going) it doesn't hurt you yet is able to make a monster fight with it? I find it odd.

My opinion/suggestion on some monsters:
1) Superimp: I suggest changing the color of the super imp because I find it hard to tell the difference if its in a wad. I can tell only if the super imp is about to fire because of its green fireball emitting from his hand.
2) Maelstrom: The only problem I have with this is when I kill a maelstrom on a stairway or even on the ground it sometimes blocks my pathway. Therefore, I can't get across. Can't you possibly adjust the death state so you can still go past the dead corpse?

I'm just giving my opinion so try not to go "attack" me. The creators of the monsters can do whatever they want. All I'm saying is I see problems that can be quite tedious. That is all I can remember from the top of my head.
Another thing to add, WHY DOESN'T THE TERROR DO ANY DAMAGE TO ME!!! I really don't like that seeing it doesn't hurt as enemy or friend. and why is the railarachnotron so weak? I also agree with assasins post, particularly the super imp thing, i would like that too, and be able to differentiate between the 3 dark imps without waiting for them to attack me to find out which one it is.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The Terror is broken, plain and simple.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

Argh, I thought that was it. If I knew a little about wadmaking/editing and monster making/editing I could help, but sadly I don't know anything. *Sniffle*
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Hey....could somebody add the Ial? :P
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

The What??!!??
BloodyBonz

Post by BloodyBonz »

-edit-

post deleted
Last edited by BloodyBonz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

BloodyBonz wrote:On the topic of new additions, I've compiled a list of possible new entries to the Wad. Some would require a little tweaking for fairness/looks.

Clockwork Cyberdemon - Jallaman
As is.

Poison Soul ---------- Neoworm
Lower health from 150 to 100.

Fire Cacodemon ------- M24000
Reduce health from 1000 to 500, speed from 32 to 16. Add translucency to projectiles and to the monster itself, add +RIPPER to the flamethrower attack. Various other optimizations to the decorate.

Imp0 ----------------- Evil Space Tomato
Lower it's health from 150 to around 60, comment out some problematic lines in the decorate.

Big Eye -------------- BloodyBonz
Awaiting review by the comunity.

I'll work on gettin them up so they can be reviewed... I am, however, hesitant to do so without the permission of the original authors, so...

If anyone is interested in having the fixed Wad, I can host it while decisions are made/permissions are gained to continue work on it.
Thank you, I worship you
Unknown_Assassin

We need Graf Zahl (I believe he is now in charge since Nanami left us) or someone who I'm not aware of.

Can the killbot and the archheinous be added to the mrw or bosses.wad? I really like the creation (Thank you, Solarsnowfall). OR. You can attach everything together including hrw, mrw, and stbosses just for me. :D :P . You can do neither as well. That's your opinion and I don't really mind.
BloodyBonz

Post by BloodyBonz »

-edit-

post deleted
Last edited by BloodyBonz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

The Ial:
BloodyBonz

Post by BloodyBonz »

Here's the fixed wad.

http://www.savefile.com/files/4692459

Please let my know of any probles with the download.
Lord_Shadow

Post by Lord_Shadow »

BloodyBonz wrote:Here's the fixed wad.

http://www.savefile.com/files/4692459

Please let my know of any probles with the download.
BloodyBonz you are a saint.
Unknown_Assassin

To Bloody Bonz: To be honest, I don't really know how to work the attachment. I'm not sure you need a site to send it on attachment. I can give it to you on aim, but your currently busy. You can aim me whenever at this time 6-11 pm and I can give you both the archheinous and the killbot.

A little help would be nice though. I could give it to someone so they can post it. Just a thought. Sorry to be idiotic.

EDIT: Never mind. I think I can upload the file from the site bloodybonz has given me.

EDIT 3: I deleted the links to the Killbot and Archheinous for great justice. Sorry about adding the links though.
Last edited by Unknown_Assassin on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”