Full set of ZDoom configs, all map formats, all games

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Gez

Full set of ZDoom configs, all map formats, all games

Post by Gez »

http://svn.drdteam.org/doombuilder2/
Delete the default ZDoom/Skulltag configs, and extract ZDoom-DB2-configs.zip in your DB2/Configurations folder. Allow it to overwrite content in the Includes subfolder. Then go fish in the ZDoom subfolder for the configurations you want to use, and move or copy them in the Configurations folder. Do not move them all! There are so many that DB2 would become sluggish and unresponsive on start up and when opening a map. Just move those you need, and move them back when you don't need them anymore.

Included are configs for:
- Three ports: ZDoom, GZDoom and Skulltag
- Three map formats: Doom, Hexen and UDMF
- Eight games: Chex Quest, Chex Quest 3, Doom, Harmony, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Urban Brawl

For a grand total of 63 game configurations (three of those games are not available in Doom format because their native format is Hexen, so if you were mentally multiplying 3×3×8 and wondering why it's not 72, there you go, 72-3×3 = 63).

Also included is a template text file which you can use as a base to create more ZDoom engine configurations, if for some reason you want more. It explains everything.

Note: this makes use of the Include system added to DB2 post-release, so you need an SVN build to use them. It will not work with r1157 which is the last official version at the moment.
Last edited by Gez on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nash

Re: Full set of ZDoom configs, all map formats, all games

Post by Nash »

Thank you so much Gez! It's about time someone made this. This should be THE official config pack, IMO.

Thanks again Gez for your efforts! :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Indeed. As you may know, I'm not a big DB2 user but having a good set of configs will certainly help. Have you submitted these to CodeImp?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Hmmmm... I could have screwed up somehow but I'm getting errors. I have extracted everything from the includes directory in the zip to my DB2 includes directory and then copied across the configs that I want to use.

Code: Select all

Unable to load the game configuration file "ZDoom_StrifeHexen.cfg". Error in file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Doom Builder 2\Configurations\ZDoom_StrifeHexen.cfg" near line 160: Include missing structure 'hexen' in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom Builder 2\Configurations\Includes\ZDoom_sectors.cfg'

Unable to load the game configuration file "ZDoom_Hexen.cfg". Error in file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Doom Builder 2\Configurations\ZDoom_Hexen.cfg" near line 162: Include missing structure 'hexen' in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom Builder 2\Configurations\Includes\ZDoom_sectors.cfg'

Unable to load the game configuration file "ZDoom_HereticHexen.cfg". Error in file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Doom Builder 2\Configurations\ZDoom_HereticHexen.cfg" near line 160: Include missing structure 'hexen' in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom Builder 2\Configurations\Includes\ZDoom_sectors.cfg'

Unable to load the game configuration file "ZDoom_DoomUDMF.cfg". Error in file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Doom Builder 2\Configurations\ZDoom_DoomUDMF.cfg" near line 158: Include missing structure 'hexen' in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom Builder 2\Configurations\Includes\ZDoom_sectors.cfg'

Unable to load the game configuration file "ZDoom_DoomHexen.cfg". Error in file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Doom Builder 2\Configurations\ZDoom_DoomHexen.cfg" near line 161: Include missing structure 'hexen' in file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom Builder 2\Configurations\Includes\ZDoom_sectors.cfg'
Gez

Post by Gez »

My files are not 160+line long, they're about 70 lines or less. Delete or overwrite those config files that have problems, they're the old ones.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yes, that did it. I hadn't removed those because I had been happy with the default configs that came with DB2 for those particular setups and only updated the GZdoom ones. I've now installed your relevant Zdoom ones too (and removed one zdoom one that yours didn't overwrite) and it all seems to be working just fine now. Thanks.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

Image Good show Gez, now I can work on the Strife and Chex mods I had planned.
Gez

Post by Gez »

On this subject, note that if Chex 1 and Chex 3 have different configs, it's because they're not exactly compatible.

And don't forget to remove the old, default ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag configs or they'll cause problems.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

Weird problem here, Gez. I've only used the GZDoom_DoomUDMF format, but here's my dilemma.

When I save my maps with this, it sets the engine namespace as gzdoom, right? When I launch a map, it says "Unknown namespace gzdoom, using default Doom" or something to that effect. And then the shit hits the fan. I'm sure there's other errors, but it crashes with a fatal error, "polyobject (number here) not found".

So I opened the map in XWE, opened TEXTMAP, changed "gzdoom" to "zdoom", and guess what. It works just fine. :roll: I'm using GZDoom r719.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

There is no 'gzdoom' namespace, neither is there a 'skulltag' namespace. I wonder how people come to think that there are? Have you seen any specs defining them? I haven't because they don't exist!
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'm not sure where the namespace is defined in these files. DB2 must be using "engine name" for that I suppose. Which is unintuitive.

Simple fix: open Includes/ZDoom-common.cfg, look for the mapformat_udmf section, and add a line with "engine = "zdoom";" in it.

Pack updated.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Updated config. ZDoom_common.cfg, ZDoom_misc.cfg, ZDoom_linedefs.cfg and ZDoom_generalized.cfg are concerned.

Some outdated stuff was removed. Script-only specials are no longer listed as linedef types. Parameters that are obsolete in UDMF are no longer given. Plane_Copy was added. A few other minor improvements, such as an enum for teams.
juizzysquirt

Post by juizzysquirt »

I tried out these configs as instructed with the latest SVN build of DB2 (r1245) and got these errors upon startup:
Spoiler:
EDIT: Uhh, nevermind. It seems I'm blind. :oops:
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Does it have all the latest specials and ACS Specials?
Edit: Stickied, I hope nobody objects.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”