The "How do I..." Thread

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
worldendDominator

Re: The "How do I..." Thread

Post by worldendDominator »

1) You can A_JumpIfInventory("MagazineAmmoType",1,...) and do different reloading sequences depending on that - one for empty magazine, one for not empty. You can look into Complex Doom, it has several weapons that work this way. I'm sure other mods also do.
2) This one's harder. Ammo pickups can contain a specific ammo amount, but they either have to be dropped by a monster, or you might need to make a different ammo drop for each amount (and check case-by-case when you're reloading). This may be easier with ACS, but I can't help there.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

NeoTerraNova wrote:Hello, again, everyone. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me. I've got an issue that I can't seem to wrap my head around.

Is it possible to easily (with Decorate or simple ACS) perform the following actions:

-When reloading a magazine-fed weapon, retain a single round (the chambered round), then add the value of one full magazine?
EXAMPLE: A Handgun with a magazine capacity of 20 rounds. Player executes a mid-mag (tactical) reload. Player should have 21 rounds available.
I know that setting the maximum capacity of the weapon's magazine (Inventory.MaxAmount for the designated "magazine" ACTOR) to 21 would allow a potential capacity of 21 (say, if picking up loose pistol ammo, in this case), but is there a way to check and see if the magazine has at least one round in it, and retain that round?

-Also when reloading a magazine-fed weapon, how would one go about checking for the exact amount of remaining ammunition in a magazine, then somehow dumping loose bullet items on the ground?
EXAMPLE: Building from the first, say the Handgun has 14 rounds left. How would one go about dumping 13 of those rounds on the ground, and retaining one, then adding the 20 for the full magazine?

I have managed to create a working handgun, and it does reload both mid-mag, and when the weapon is empty, using the built-in reload function instead of the Action_Reload work-around. I already have loose ammo as an item, as well as specific ammo and magazines for the handgun. I'm comfortable with doing some ACS work if that's necessary - however or whatever method might work best.

Thanks again.
This
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/a ... -reloading
have what you want in -Also string. Just a litle magick with it and you get what you want.
NeoTerraNova

Post by NeoTerraNova »

Thank you both. I had no idea these WADs existed. I'll mess around with this, it seems to be something I can work with.
BigProjectAlone

Post by BigProjectAlone »

Hello, i try doing some killable decors but when they go into their death state its like if the flags were removed automatically ..
I have some monsters hanging from ceiling using +spawnceiling +nogravity and +float.
But when i kill them they fall on the ground and i dont want that to happen.. i want them to stay at the height they are, not moving at all.
What can i do to prevent that ?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Here is the actor code if it can help:

Code: Select all

ACTOR ******* 7042
{
  scale 0.6
  Radius 15
  Height 90
  mass 150
  health 1
  +SOLID
  +shootable
  +float
  +nogravity
  +spawnceiling
  +FORCEYBILLBOARD
  States
  {
  Spawn:
	**** AB 25
    Loop
  Death:
    **** C -1
	stop
  }
}
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Try setting the [wiki=Actor_flags#DONTFALL]DONTFALL[/wiki] flag.
BigProjectAlone

Post by BigProjectAlone »

Blue Shadow wrote:Try setting the [wiki=Actor_flags#DONTFALL]DONTFALL[/wiki] flag.
Thanks my friend!! problem solved :)
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Zandronum 3.0 has the support of interactive portal?
Zan

Post by Zan »

Anyone knows how I can make an autoload that uses the loading screen of the pk3 rather than the iwad's one? I think it's related to the order in which stuff gets loaded.

So far I'm using the .ini's autoload

[Global.Autoload]
Path=$PROGDIR/Hedon_0-3-a.pk3

I tried setting the default IWAD="freedoom.wad" in GAMEINFO but it doesn't seem to change anything. Also, if I use LOAD="Hedon_0-3-a.pk3" and remove the entry from the ini file's autoload, it just starts Freedoom.

Any idea? :D
heehoo

Quick Railgun Question

Post by heehoo »

Is there any way to make an A_CustomRailgun attack that doesn't produce blood upon hitting its target? I only ask because I'm using it to make a laser sight kinda thing, so it's weird that it just makes blood spew out of whatever it's aiming at.
Apeirogon

Re: Quick Railgun Question

Post by Apeirogon »

heehoo wrote:Is there any way to make an A_CustomRailgun attack that doesn't produce blood upon hitting its target? I only ask because I'm using it to make a laser sight kinda thing, so it's weird that it just makes blood spew out of whatever it's aiming at.
Change puff type of it. But first create new puff.
Or look at project bratality LMG.
heehoo

Post by heehoo »

Apeirogon wrote:
heehoo wrote:Is there any way to make an A_CustomRailgun attack that doesn't produce blood upon hitting its target? I only ask because I'm using it to make a laser sight kinda thing, so it's weird that it just makes blood spew out of whatever it's aiming at.
Thanks m8 :D
heehoo

Post by heehoo »

Apeirogon wrote:
Actually, this doesn't seem to work. I believe the puff is only ever actually used it it hits a wall or dormant actor. Giving the actor that fires the shot the +BLOODLESSIMPACT property doesn't seem to work either. I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or there's an issue with railgun attacks or that no-blood property.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Did you look at project brutality LMG? Because there are laser pointer.
Or you need visible ray, not simple dot on something?
heehoo

Post by heehoo »

Apeirogon wrote:Did you look at project brutality LMG? Because there are laser pointer.
Or you need visible ray, not simple dot on something?
I did have a quick peek at that, but it's not exactly what I'm after. A visible ray is what I need (it comes from a monster), which is why I went for the A_CustomRailGun route. What I do have works fine, save for making other monsters flinch and spraying blood on contact.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

is there any way to use (and include) brightmaps in a .wad without having to save the entire thing as a .PK3 (i hate gzdoom builder and dont want to us it...it crashes too often for me).

if so....how?

Return to “Editing (Archive)”