[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Postby Nevander » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:37 pm

CeeJay wrote:That would be the SMG (UZI 9mm) from Last Rites, a mediocre title developed by Ocean Software.

But with a kickass soundtrack and weapon sprites. I'd still love to see a TC of that game for ZDoom.
Nevander
Self-Banned User

Postby Captain J » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 pm

CeeJay wrote:
RSSwizard wrote:Edit: And that Update
(credits to whomever made the original smg, and capcom for the RE2 shotgun sound effect, and 3drealms for the ubiquitous muzzle flash)

That would be the SMG (UZI 9mm) from Last Rites, a mediocre title developed by Ocean Software.
And that drum magazine is from... Blood, maybe?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:32 pm

It's difficult to tell, but I suspect it might be part of Shadow Warrior's riotgun? I don't have my resources handy for a visual comparison though...
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:42 pm

That doesn't look much like the classic riotgun... is there a later iteration of the riotgun that had a drum, instead of a belt?
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:50 pm

I was thinking more of this portion of the sprite: Image But the one on this SMG seems too large for that, and the "vents" would need to be edited out to get this appearance.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 am

It's from an AA12 mag made by the Funktasm, which I guess you could say was for Blood, considering it used Caleb hands. A full sprite of the mag was completed by Uboa, I believe...
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby CeeJay » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:12 am

Nevander wrote:
CeeJay wrote:That would be the SMG (UZI 9mm) from Last Rites, a mediocre title developed by Ocean Software.

But with a kickass soundtrack and weapon sprites. I'd still love to see a TC of that game for ZDoom.

It had awesome art style but bland, confusing and dull level design. Not to mention the atrocious AI. Not sure what they were going for, it kinds of blends post-apocalyptic sci-fi with Romero zombie outbreak and then suddenly throws demonic ocultism in there too.
CeeJay

Postby ThrashfanBert1994 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:39 pm

heres somethin i whipped up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThrashfanBert1994

Postby Enjay » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Nice. I've always had a thing for the Quake II SSG.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Could I have your guy's opinion/feedback on the pickup sprite of this pump action shotgun? I'm trying to give it a look similar to the original while still giving it a pistol grip, cause man do I love those. So far I like it, though I think the look of it in general is missing something, possibly the contrast or style of the thing overall. The size of the sprite should be as big and the barrel is also supposed to be longer than the Super Shotgun pickup sprite displayed here as well.

If someone decides to come up with their own mock up of the gun's pick up sprite, that would be very helpful feedback wise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.

Postby RSSwizard » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:32 am

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Could I have your guy's opinion/feedback on the pickup sprite of this pump action shotgun?

Actually the pickup sprites look great for a certain style of doom, the shotgun is supposed to be a mediocre tier weapon so the pickup looking less detailed sorta rienforces that (but it also looks decent too, I like the pistol grip)
RSSwizard

Postby osjclatchford » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Could I have your guy's opinion/feedback on the pickup sprite of this pump action shotgun? I'm trying to give it a look similar to the original while still giving it a pistol grip, cause man do I love those. So far I like it, though I think the look of it in general is missing something, possibly the contrast or style of the thing overall. The size of the sprite should be as big and the barrel is also supposed to be longer than the Super Shotgun pickup sprite displayed here as well.

If someone decides to come up with their own mock up of the gun's pick up sprite, that would be very helpful feedback wise.

my two cents:
pistolgripshotties.png
because ribbed stocks always add character... :D

borrowed bits from my smg (plastic pistolgrip) and the ribbed stock also comes from oldskool mod and the general mech is based off of the original sprite.
I recoloured the pump on the lower one to match the grip i borrowed from your supershotgun pickup for the wooden (sawn down grip) alternative version.

please feel free to use these or these as a base for further work...
osjclatchford

Postby Mr.Enchanter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Attempt at a D4D style DOOM 2016 Grenade Launcher.
Mr.Enchanter
Certified Shitposter

Discord: Enchanter#5420

Postby Captain J » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Oh my, about time! Looks good and fitting, i guess!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby VriskaSerket » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Wew lad it's tedious to post from mobile but heck

I've got a few more things in store

EDIT:
Ok so I got the hang of it. Kind of.
Here's the rest:

I don't know why Imgur had screwed up the last two.
Last edited by VriskaSerket on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

PreviousNext

Return to General