Classic Hexen Gibbet Glitch

Discuss all aspects of editing for ZDoom.
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Re: Classic Hexen Gibbet Glitch

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:48 pm

I only have the source of my fixed version available, so I cannot say what part of it was my fix and which was not, but if script 13 is originally OPEN, the fix is to change the '==' to '<=', make script 13 a void script and ACS_Execute it in script 14, right after spawning the serpents it's supposed to check.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby NeuralStunner » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:52 pm

I still have my pastebin notes on this. For my fixpack I believe I took the same approach as Graf. (I.E. possibility 1.)

This reminds me that I should work on reviving the IWMPP...
NeuralStunner
I'll Get By

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Frozenwolf150 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:03 pm

I know this is an old thread, but like the previous poster who bumped it earlier this year, I have additional information on how to get around the glitch. In ZDoom and GZDoom, the console script to lower the wall and expose the Heresiarch is PUKE 16. The script to open the axe door leading back out is PUKE 20. (Also, the script to spawn additional chaos serpents is PUKE 12.) Unfortunately, there is no command to lower the walls with the Dark Bishops, but you only need to do this if you're aiming for 100% kills.

I had to do this because I'm using a spawn increasing mod, making it next to impossible to spare exactly 3 chaos serpents.
Frozenwolf150

Previous

Return to Editing (Archive)