The [Monster Resource Wad] NG* (Update: 11/12, Page 15)

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:14 am

Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:22 am

Tormentor667 wrote:BTW conc. this "PigCop Flyer": DN3D has this tank, maybe with a bit of recolor work and a zombie in there, we could also use this :) Any volunteers? :)

Oh what?! Come on!

Sheesh, if KDiZD has monsters like that in i'd avoid it like the plauge.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:33 am

Well... what's so bad about it?! I quite like it :)

BTW: The KDiZD monsters will be added as well as soon as KDiZD is out, just a small side note ;)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Enjay » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:42 am

Tormentor667 wrote:So where can I get the file?

It was made as a result of this thread:
http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=419 ... torder=asc

I don't know if it was ever finalised, and most of the DL links have since expired. However this one http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3223015 (uploaded by Unknown_Assassin) is still live. However, on checking it, DECALDEF has a problem that prevents the file loading. The tank sprites in there though.

The code for it is probably very similar to the Incanese tank I included in my Overlord WAD (which has an Incanese (Blake Stone) soldier in it instead of a Zombie).
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:43 am

Enjay wrote:The code for it is probably very similar to the Incanese tank I included in my Overlord WAD (which has an Incanese (Blake Stone) soldier in it instead of a Zombie).

Thx Enjay, but well... if you used it in your Overlord wad, couldn't you just use that one and replace the Incanese with an Zombie?! :)

*EDIT*
I actually saw that this Link from Enjay is already quite useful :) First at all the PigCop Thank looks okay to me, the only thing left to do would be zombifieng the marine in there (break the helmet glass, add blood and stuff) and beyond, there is even a BFG Marine in there which could easily made into an BFG Zombie with some good sprite changes :)
http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3223015
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby MartinHowe » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:45 am

The PigCop tank was used in this mod; thread here.
MartinHowe
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN

Postby Jimmy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:03 am

Tormentor667 wrote:BTW conc. this "PigCop Flyer": DN3D has this tank, maybe with a bit of recolor work and a zombie in there, we could also use this :) Any volunteers? :)
There's two DN3D Pigcop tanks - the normal green battle tank that was included with Plutonium Pak, and there's a "scorpion" tank, that has the sprites but was never coded. I could slap something together like that if you like. :D

Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Shadelight » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:09 am

Scythe Zombie reuploaded with less health and more melee damage
Shadelight
You must construct additional lumber.

Discord: Shadelight#4920

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:45 am

jimmy91 wrote:
There's two DN3D Pigcop tanks - the normal green battle tank that was included with Plutonium Pak, and there's a "scorpion" tank, that has the sprites but was never coded. I could slap something together like that if you like. :D

Oh hey, that's made out of a model right? Say didn't you remvoe the scorpian that LWM made which was a model also? Hmm.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:05 am

Tormentor667 wrote:
Graf Zahl wrote:If you want to do your thing, fine, but leave the old one in peace then. To update it you'd need the permission of one of the original uploaders. And since Nanami is gone and I won't give it you can't. Create your own monster resource if you like to. There you can do whatever you want.

Fine, I am okay with it and in a few ways I even do understand what you mean but well... let's forget about that. But could you be so kind and give me the fix for the Terror and stuff so I can adjust my latest version on hd?

The only missing thing was the A_Explode in the melee sequence. If you want the whole thing wait until the fixed monster pack is in /newstuff.

Code: Select allExpand view
      TERR A 0 BRIGHT A_UnsetShootable
      TERR A 0 BRIGHT A_Explode
      TERR A 0 BRIGHT A_SetShootable
      TERR A 0 BRIGHT A_Die
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Enjay » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:24 am

Tormentor667 wrote:Thx Enjay, but well... if you used it in your Overlord wad, couldn't you just use that one and replace the Incanese with an Zombie?! :)

Oh alright then. You've twisted my arm. ;)

I've put a Zombie in the cab and tweaked the whole thing a bit too. I've given it some different sounds and modified the DECORATE. I even used non-deprecated code pointers (I think) :). I've also added a little smoke-puff when it dies using sprites from SolarSnowfall. The Zombie inside is spawned using DropItem rather than SpawnItem because I like the way he seems to jump out.

It's a bit nasty if you get caught in the open by it and you are on low health or don't have a rapid fire weapon handy, but then a guy (even a dead guy) in a tank should be pretty tough. I don't think it's excessive though.

http://www.zen64060.zen.co.uk/zombietank.zip

type

Summon ZombieTank

or

Summonfriend ZombieTank

for a really helpful friend (although the driver is less than friendly when he pops out. ;) )

It currently uses Editnum 21012 simply because that's the number it was in my WAD. Obviously that can change.

The sprites could still do with a bit of work (especially the death frames IMO). So if someone wants to go ahead and do that, be my guest.

jimmy91 wrote:Image

Woh! I don't think I've seen that before. It looks really cool. Even if you don't "snap something together" I'd love to see the full sprite set. I don't have the "Plutonium Pak", unfortunately, and it seems quite hard to get nowadays.
Enjay

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:46 am

@Graf - Thx for the code :)

@jimmy - Yeah, feel free to do so, maybe add a UAC logo somewhere or recolor the tank itself to make it look more doomish :)

@cutty - I'm not sure honestly, but when you look closely at this thing, it doesn't seem to be a model at all... and yes I did remove the scorpion from LWM :( I think you misunderstand me somehow as a few others do... I am not disrespectful conc. LWM's monster and work, I always loved what she did (The Chosen for example was flawlessly awesome) but I always though (and this is what others said) that it didn't fit in. It's still in the original MRW and as this is now a completely new resource wad, it's okay for me to add new rules to it :) (eg. the heretic/hexen monsters). So please don't be angry with me :(

@kof - What about the charge attack? :) Something like the "Maulotaurs" charge attack or the "Mauler Demons" charge attack would be cool (but be careful, don't make it too fast.)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Enjay » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:50 am

I think this guy should be included:

http://forum.zdoom.org/download.php?id=3538

It's the Slime Imp that was being discussed in the ZDCM revision thread. Psycho Siggi posted it and I think Dutch Devil did it originally. It's a recolour, but a good one IMO.

Oh, and if this is to be a new WAD, there shouldn't be any duplicates from the old one IMO and for the love of god, no more bats and bat-like creatures. :nope:
Enjay

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:55 am

@Enjay - The tank is so cool, awesome work :) Conc. the death animation you are quite right, ... do you think you could make the complete upper part explode? (so that the black window completely is blown away and only the lower half of the tank is left?) :) Maybe even add a UAC logo to the back of the machine insteatd of the Nuke?! :) *ideas* But this will be definitely inserted :)
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Jimmy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:55 am

@Enjay: There are only seven sprites for that tank, and they're all the same, just facing different directions. Oh yeah, and I'm just coding my monster(s) right now. :wink:

Here's teh sheet. :D

I've put a chaingunner in the tank and attached spider mastermind guns to the front of it. I looks pretty cool in-game (at least IMO). 8-)

Here's a sprite:

I just need to finish coding it. :D I'm also thinking of adding a Doom weapon to the tail, but there are only facing sideways sprites of said weapons, AFAIK. Has anybody done a forward facing plasma gun for example? :?

Or I could just get the md2s from Doom3D and take pictures of those. What do you think? :)
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to Editing (Archive)