Editing ZDoom Zip To EXE With Doom!

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

I got my copy of Strife from the Underdogs
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

See, that's why I was asking. If Strife is "orphaned" beyond hope, would it be reasonable to stick STRIFE1.WAD and VOICES.WAD in a compressed archive of some sort and put it on rapidshare?

I'd do that if people thought it was reasonable, but if general opinion was against it, I wouldn't. With a game that no-one is selling new anymore, and which it seems noone can either... frankly I don't know. I'm certainly not about to send it to anyone who asks, aside from anything else, with my crappy upload speed, I'd be spending all day sending files, but I could do a single upload. (The 2 files zip to 30MB or RAR to 24MB.) However, I'm not going to become a warez monkey and if the general opinion, particularly that of the mods and Randy, was that it was unsuitable or wrong, I wouldn't do it.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

With the other thread "where can i get doom2.wad" (or similarly named), it looks like the "can you plz send me disk #3 of doom, i lost it" swaps over from NNTP alt.games.doom to regular forums. :-(
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I don't remember which abandonware type site I picked Strife up from at this point, but wherever I got it from it included VOICES.WAD. I think it may have been Underdogs though.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I think when Underdogs first got it they didn't include voices.wad for what ever reason but they added it later.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

I know I got mine from underdogs but it came with voices.wad.
Belial

Post by Belial »

Enjay is right. The HOTU download didn't have voices.wad back when I first tried it.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

It has Voices.wad now then
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I will see for that vioces.wad
Belial

Post by Belial »

Enjay wrote:if the general opinion, particularly that of the mods and Randy, was that it was unsuitable or wrong
Well then, yay or nay? Got the game uploaded with Enjay's scans of the manual and box included.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”