Editing ZDoom Zip To EXE With Doom!

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Marcus

Editing ZDoom Zip To EXE With Doom!

Post by Marcus »

I was working on putting ZDoom within a install and the doom.wad and doom2.wad in it, but to make it legal, its protected by a Serial code you have to purchase, the bad thing not all of them work, so I have to update it everytime a new one comes out, I will show you the download in a couple of mintues...hang tight!
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Hm?
Wills

Post by Wills »

What?
Enjay

Re: Editing ZDoom Zip To EXE With Doom!

Post by Enjay »

Marcus wrote:but to make it legal, its protected by a Serial code you have to purchase
From who?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

[ Link to free filesharing service removed, since it contains copyrighted material, even if it isn't easily extractable. See attachments for screenshots. ]

What do you think?
Last edited by Marcus on Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wills

Post by Wills »

I'm assuming you're selling the serial codes. So, in essence, you are selling Doom. You're liable for severe legal penalties.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

Okay, wtf is this guy talking about?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

No I am afraid your wrong...i am not selling serials...you have to use them yourself contacting ID Software <_<'
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

No sorry this is still making no fucking sense okay.
Wills

Post by Wills »

ID doesn't sell serials.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Marcus wrote:What do you think?
Pointless. We all have Doom. We all have Zdoom.

Potentially illegal. I still don't know how your, apparently nothing to do with id, download on a free file hosting site relates to id software selling serial numbers. Do you mean the numbers you get when you buy software from the id online shop (which is how I think they sell some software). I'm also not sure about Zdoom being bundled with that either.

What do I do? Contact id and say "this guy on the Zdoom forum said if I gave you money he would give me Doom"?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Removed
Last edited by Marcus on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wills

Post by Wills »

What you want to do is bundle ZDoom with Doom and sell it. Basically.

By the way, if the quote you want is "What do you think?", it's several posts up.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

If we have any doom source port, we have an IWAD, Enjay quoted your second post in this thread, but took out the link and what you're doing is almost definitely illegal, and rather pointless.

If we want a Doom 2 IWAD, we'd either already have it, grab the whole deal off of eBay (possibly with other IWADs and whatnot) or just grab FreeDoom.

Think about it, you're proposing to add an IWAd or two to the Zdoom download, and then force us to pay for a serial code from Id in order to allow us to use the wad. Not only is that stupid, pointless (for the reasons I've already listed) and longwinded, but it can be very easily circumvented, and whats to stop the usual cracks and stuff coming around?

Besides, most people buy something like the Doom Collectors Edition (all four IWADs, and the Final doom exe/launcher, I think), and then hear or see something concering the massive modding community. Next step, they hear about source ports. They already have the IWADs, and would rather not download another one with zdoom.

Also, how are you supposed to apply a serial code to a WAD? WADs aren't made for that sort of stuff, as they don't have to be installed or anything, and are freely accessible using any program made for it (many of which are freeware).

Simply put, this is pointless, don't bother, and don't bother trying to explain it either. No wording will change the fact I've already got the IWADs, and have no need to get another copy. Also don't even try to tell us that we need an install process for doom, or zdoom. It's an exe, a graphics library and a pk3 file, in a zip, nothing more.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Marcus wrote:Exactly where did I say that quote?
Huh? You speaking to me?

I have quoted you twice, using posts in this thread. Let's try again shall we?
Marcus wrote:I was working on putting ZDoom within a install and the doom.wad and doom2.wad in it, but to make it legal, its protected by a Serial code you have to purchase, the bad thing not all of them work, so I have to update it everytime a new one comes out, I will show you the download in a couple of mintues...hang tight!
Marcus wrote:http://linkremoved.html

What do you think?
In case you don't get it, I've highlighted the bits I quoted previously in bold.

Further, I don't see anyone yelling at you (yet) but rather people trying to understand what you are talking about. Your posts simply do not make sense. From what I can see, you have zipped up Doom and Doom2 along with Zdoom, converted it to an install program and require a serial number to be applied to your program before it will install the software.

First, Doom is id software's intellectual property. They sell it or have it distributed through normal means. You have provided no evidence that you are in any way connected with those normal means.

You say a serial number is required, but have not explained where to get it.

I also said, what you are doing is pretty pointless. This is a Doom enthusiast site dedicated to Zdoom. Who here do you think will not already have the files in your distribution? Given that we all have them, who do you think is going to buy a serial number to get them again?
Marcus wrote:And no, what I typed and posted is not even close to proof, personall ID wouldn't care if you reported me
How do you know? Have you asked? Id still sell Doom for a reason you know. It is not freeware and they make money from it. It's theirs, it's their choice.
second, I would not be arrested or blah blah
Proably not. You might get a "cease and desist" letter from a lawyer though.
all I do is a favor by making Zdoom a install file
You said it comes with Doom and Doom2. That's not just an install. It's distribution of copyrighted material. And a favour to who? We all already have it.
I get yelled at
I already covered this, but not yet you haven't been.
this is going to be saved and added to the TYASA site. I cannot wait to see how many will rate it FUNNY.
Watch as I piss myself in terror as some geeks on a site I haven't heard about and care even less about get some amusement at my expense. Oh the horror! Oh the humanity! Remind me exactly why I should care about that again.

If anyone on this thread should be laughed at, it's the guy posting an incoherent thread apparently offering commercial software that he has no right to distribute, giving unclear instructions how to purchase his bundled package and then getting upset when people give him a frosty reception.
Last edited by Enjay on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”