Textures Writer in python

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder 2, Slade, WadSmoosh, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Textures Writer in python

Postby Gianpt » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:42 pm

So basically, my project uses a lot of TEXTURES lumps and i made some code in python to automate this process.
Then i was thinking "hey, i could upload this code as a library", i made it more presentable for any user and posted on github.

I tried to post this code on pip, but i got some problems, so if you want to get the code go inside the repository and download the single script.
The readme contain an introduction and the code has a lot of comments and some examples, later i will make a wiki.
Download / Github
version: 1

If someone wants a specific feature, then simply ask for it, i will try my best.

Small preview, this example is also inside the script itself.
Code: Select allExpand view
from ZdoomTextures import *

# Make a texture definition
wall = TextureData("WALLBRICK",type = "walltexture", optional = True, scaleY = 1.2)

# Make a patch definition
p = PatchData("textures/brick.png")

# Add the patch
wall.add_patch(p)

# Write a valid texture definition on screen, if written on a text file can be used inside the engine.
print(wall.write())
Gianpt

Discord: 7736
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Creation, Conversion, and Editing