OBSIDIAN - A continuation of Oblige/ObAddon [Beta 19]

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder 2, Slade, WadSmoosh, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: OBSIDIAN - A continuation of Oblige/ObAddon [Beta 19]

Postby roundtree » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:24 am

Ok, no problem, and I do understand what you mean. In the past, I had seen some WADs that were larger than 32 maps, but I don't think I got them to work except for megaman 8-bit deathmatch, but that was on zandronum. But overall, I'm extremely impressed with what obsidian is capable of and will definitely continue to use it for 32 map megawads. I love experimenting with the monster quantity and strength options too. And sorry about asking that; I will search first and ask later next time.
roundtree

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby dasho » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:00 am

No apologies needed, I guess I should have clarified that it gets asked a lot in our Discord; I don't actually know if it's come up in this thread before.
dasho

Postby krokots » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:32 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, but I've never encountered any pain elemental in any of generated levels (beta 19 and 20). I did a full playthrough (30 levels) and now I'm at level 15 of the next wad, and 0 pain elementals. I did not change any of the monster options, all of the settings were on default.
krokots

Postby MsrSgtShooterPerson » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:41 pm

Pain Elementals are marked as bosses and will usually appear is guardians on points of interest such as switch rooms, key rooms, exit rooms, and so on.
MsrSgtShooterPerson

Location: Lost in the procedural infinite hells and I'm fine with that.
Discord: MsrSgtShooterPerson
Github ID: GTD-Carthage

Postby krokots » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:12 am

Should the option "Bosses As Regulars : Minor Bosses Only" change that? Or there is another option for that?
What does "Minor and Nasty Bosses Only" option do ?
Also, in "Doom Monster Control" does "Default" option is the same as using slider and setting it to 1 ?

Edit : I'm gonna answer to my own question, I looked into monsters.lua and there are three boss types - minor, nasty and tough.
So I will change pains to be "minor" bosses and use "Minor Bosses Only" option.
krokots

Previous

Return to Creation, Conversion, and Editing