Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder 2, Slade, WadSmoosh, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Enjay » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Did UDB not auto-check for an update and prompt you to install it? It always does for me if there is an update.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby boris » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:04 pm

There is no newer installer. But UDB does have an built-in updater, and you can set it to automatically check for updates on start.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby [_ilystra_] » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:28 am

Hey! i'm here again. I have some ideas for ultimate doom builder.
●1. Random arguments and tags for function Randomize.
●2. Additing actor categories, categories color, actor color, default args, actor icon/sprite and etc without Editor keys (these //$ actor strings)
●3. Flag in Things mode, showing actor(monster, custom player, and etc) FOV, and if it works, bending the line of the point of view from other objects, linedefs, slopes, sectors and etc.
●4. Flags in Things mode, showing actor A_Look properties(hearing radius, see radius and etc)
●5. Rotated texture generator, sometimes you want to rotate the texture on the linedef, but you can't do it, which can infuriate.
[_ilystra_]

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby 22alpha22 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:49 pm

A small quality of life request: Can UDB be updated to properly display thing's hitboxes when a thing has a radius/height that is not an integer? In the ZDoom family of ports and possibly other ports, radius and heights are not actually integers but doubles, yet UDB does not handle non integer radius or height values. If a thing uses a non integer radius/height UDB falls back to some default value for displaying the thing's hitbox, which is not optimal when trying to fit things in tight spaces.
22alpha22
So lonely...

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby boris » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:37 am

22alpha22 wrote:A small quality of life request: Can UDB be updated to properly display thing's hitboxes when a thing has a radius/height that is not an integer? In the ZDoom family of ports and possibly other ports, radius and heights are not actually integers but doubles, yet UDB does not handle non integer radius or height values. If a thing uses a non integer radius/height UDB falls back to some default value for displaying the thing's hitbox, which is not optimal when trying to fit things in tight spaces.

Fixed.
boris

Postby Mav3r1ck » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:07 pm

So as far as the doom 64 type lighting is concerned. Are there plans to improve it in the future? Like making ACS and scripted like in the game itself and making to where addictive properties can be applied instead of using custom fields?
Mav3r1ck

Postby boris » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:51 am

Mav3r1ck wrote:So as far as the doom 64 type lighting is concerned. Are there plans to improve it in the future? Like making ACS and scripted like in the game itself and making to where addictive properties can be applied instead of using custom fields?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/fac ... tled-3.jpg

Can you repeat that in an understandable way?
boris

Postby ramon.dexter » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:38 am

[_ilystra_] wrote:●2. Additing actor categories, categories color, actor color, default args, actor icon/sprite and etc without Editor keys (these //$ actor strings)

Okay, how do you want this to work without the editor keys?
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Nero » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:55 am

Hello! I'm getting a crash on loading of a map when the map uses an ipk3 for a resource. Renaming the extension to pk3 fixes it, as well as just using the unpacked folder for resources. This isn't producing any crash logs, as far as I know, the editor just closes.

Small edit: I also noticed that the script editor is not removing the BEHAVIOR lump from a wad if the scripts file is empty. For example if I remove all scripts from a wad (for this example assume it's one map to each wad), and hit compile, the BEHAVIOR lump remains. This had me pulling my hair out for a while because why was code executing that should not be there? I open the wad in Slade and there's the compiled ACS :shock:
Nero
Royal Boredom....Why can't I do this in Windows?

Postby Mav3r1ck » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:43 pm

boris wrote:
Mav3r1ck wrote:So as far as the doom 64 type lighting is concerned. Are there plans to improve it in the future? Like making ACS and scripted like in the game itself and making to where addictive properties can be applied instead of using custom fields?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/fac ... tled-3.jpg

Can you repeat that in an understandable way?

This is an example of what I meant.

Code: Select allExpand view
    Sector_CopyLightsAndInterpolate(7, 9);
    Sector_CopyTextures(7, 9);
    wait;

Sector_CopyLightsAndInterpolate(5, 4);
    Sector_CopyTextures(5, 4);
    Sector_CopyLightsAndInterpolate(8, 6);
    wait;

Pillar_OpenByValue(10, 64);
    wait;

Floor_MoveByValue(11, -72);
    wait;

Floor_MoveByValue(12, -112);
    wait;

Ceiling_MoveByValue(4, 128);
    Ceiling_MoveByValue(6, 128);
    Pillar_OpenByValue(1, 64);
    Line_CopyFlags(39, 40);
    wait;

Floor_Lower(36);

Used in d64's terraformer, it happens after you press the switch in the blacked out room with the red arrows on the ceiling and floor next to the blue key door. You press the switch and the arrows disappear and the room lights up with the colors transitioning to blue colored lighting and the green armor is revealed.
Mav3r1ck

Postby boris » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:00 pm

What does that have to do with UDB?
boris

Postby Mav3r1ck » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:51 pm

boris wrote:What does that have to do with UDB?

I was asking if the colored lighting itself was going to be able to be used in scripts as an added feature in the future in UDB.

For example just like when you use "Sector_SetColor" for regular colored lighting in the script editor.

To using Sector_SetColorUpper, Sector_SetColorThing, Sector_SetColorWall or Sector_SetColorLower for the d64-style colored lighting or something like this.
Mav3r1ck

Postby Enjay » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:03 pm

UDB doesn't (and can't) add features to the game engine. It only allows you to edit using the ones that already exist. If you want something like script support for the D64 lighting in the way that you suggest, it would need to be added to GZDoom, and then UDB could be updated to support it.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Mav3r1ck » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:50 pm

Enjay wrote:UDB doesn't (and can't) add features to the game engine. It only allows you to edit using the ones that already exist. If you want something like script support for the D64 lighting in the way that you suggest, it would need to be added to GZDoom, and then UDB could be updated to support it.

This is what I was getting at. I'm sorry if it caused some confusion.

So is this being planned to be added in? I was thinking it would be nice for scripting events.
Mav3r1ck

Postby Rachael » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:16 pm

It has to be requested GZDoom side first. If there isn't a Feature Request for it, you can almost assume that there isn't a plan for it.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PreviousNext

Return to Creation, Conversion, and Editing