Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder 2, Slade, WadSmoosh, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby SirSquamous » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:50 am

Guys, I've been running doom builder 2 and it variants including this one with pretty good success over the years in my linux distros, with ultimate doom builder being the most stable in wine so far, but I have a problem with classic 2D mode that I haven't been able to solve since the beginning with what I can only describe as a delay in displaying changes after keystrokes and mouse inputs, its most noticeable when using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out and when using the directional keys to scroll. I can work around it, sometimes simply moving the mouse around the screen lets 2d mode catch up, but its annoying and messes with my productivity. Anyone have any experience with this issue?
SirSquamous
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2017
Location: earth
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby axredneck » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:54 pm

SirSquamous wrote:Guys, I've been running doom builder 2 and it variants including this one with pretty good success over the years in my linux distros, with ultimate doom builder being the most stable in wine so far, but I have a problem with classic 2D mode that I haven't been able to solve since the beginning with what I can only describe as a delay in displaying changes after keystrokes and mouse inputs, its most noticeable when using the mouse wheel to zoom in/out and when using the directional keys to scroll. I can work around it, sometimes simply moving the mouse around the screen lets 2d mode catch up, but its annoying and messes with my productivity. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Known bug. Try to set `__GL_MaxFramesAllowed` environment variable to 1 or 0.
User avatar
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2017
Location: Russia
Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby SirSquamous » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:32 pm

wow, that was it , so simple! Nice to have this finally working properly in wine. Think I'm gonna map now 😎
SirSquamous
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2017
Location: earth
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Daryn » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 pm

I'm running into a warning when loading up UDB with the Project Remap Liquid Texture Pack 5 Resources. In particular, their Glow GLDefs.

Code: Select allExpand view
GLDEFS error in "DSRD\gldefs\liquids.txt", line 14337. Expected glow color value, but got ""00, 00, 00"".


The source looks like this:

Code: Select allExpand view
GLOW
{
   Texture "BFALL1", "00, 00, 00", "0"


There's a good few hundred of these in the same format. In game, there aren't any errors and the glows work. But UDB Isn't happy with them.

Not a deal-breaker, as the glows are the last things in the file, so everything but those get parsed, ut it'd be nice not having that error. And yeah, there's onl the one.
User avatar
Daryn
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby boris » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:25 pm

According to the wiki something like "00, 00, 00" isn't a valid color:

The color parameter must be either a RGB hex triplet, such as C010A8, or one of the recognized X11R6 color name, such as SlateGray1 or PowderBlue.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Daryn » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:30 pm

boris wrote:According to the wiki something like "00, 00, 00" isn't a valid color:

The color parameter must be either a RGB hex triplet, such as C010A8, or one of the recognized X11R6 color name, such as SlateGray1 or PowderBlue.


Yeah, that's what the wiki says, but I think it might be out of date. I don't think he would have used this format several hundred times if it wasn't working. As I mentioned, in game, all the glows work.
User avatar
Daryn
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Blue Shadow » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:31 am

Daryn wrote:I don't think he would have used this format several hundred times if it wasn't working. As I mentioned, in game, all the glows work.

It works as a side effect of how parsing of space-delimited colors is done. I don't believe it's intended to work like that. To give an example, all of these are acceptable by GZDoom, and they give you the color yellow:

Code: Select allExpand view
"ff ff 00"
"ff, ff, 00"
"ffDoomImp ffShotgun 00Berserk"

The first one is the one whose syntax should be followed.
User avatar
Blue Shadow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Daryn » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 am

Blue Shadow wrote:
Daryn wrote:I don't think he would have used this format several hundred times if it wasn't working. As I mentioned, in game, all the glows work.

It works as a side effect of how parsing of space-delimited colors is done. I don't believe it's intended to work like that. To give an example, all of these are acceptable by GZDoom, and they give you the color yellow:

Code: Select allExpand view
"ff ff 00"
"ff, ff, 00"
"ffDoomImp ffShotgun 00Berserk"

The first one is the one whose syntax should be followed.


Alright. Looks like I'll be editing all of those color defs. I'll have to mention this on his mod page, too.
User avatar
Daryn
 
Joined: 23 Jan 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby [_ilystra_] » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:34 am

Fix new update. I see the new update in udb and download he, but he say that deebbsp.exe hinders him and closed but I don`t use this node builder compiler, after I reinstalled UDB and update he I open map, and i see at start slope mode and critical error, I create new map, again, slope mode and critical error. I remembered about other folder with udb plugins before this update, put them instead new plugins, again, slope mode and critical error. in sum I need use GZDB now.

Full error log:

Spoiler:
User avatar
[_ilystra_]
 
Joined: 27 Jul 2021
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby boris » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:37 am

Works for me. That update didn't even touch the code that's crashing.

Besides that Slope Mode is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. Use visual sloping instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioG0P0ywJo
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby boris » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:39 am

Actually it crashes when you have Slope Mode set to the default mode. You can change that in Tools -> Game Configurations -> Modes.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby SuaveSteve » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:25 am

I've been away for a bit. What happened to the resources pane on the left of the Script Editor? I could have sworn I was able to edit and compile ACS in my resources.
SuaveSteve
 
Joined: 05 Jul 2014

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:36 am

SuaveSteve wrote:I've been away for a bit. What happened to the resources pane on the left of the Script Editor? I could have sworn I was able to edit and compile ACS in my resources.


It is gone for good or until somebody else will take up the gauntlet.
Scroll down to Un-features on the UDB frontpage.

Others had noticed that too and ZZYZX had this response to answers necros's question.
It's a shame that it is gone, even in it's 'incomplete' state it was so useful.
User avatar
Kappes Buur
 
 
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:37 am

@boris
I noticed that you published UDBScript-Test.
While it has all these highlighting files for various text lumps,
it does not show anything different from UDB, just DIALOGUE and SCRIPTS
even when the other text lumps are present in the map.

Will that address the text lump issue? See posts above.
How does it invoke the other text lumps?
User avatar
Kappes Buur
 
 
 
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby boris » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:44 am

No, it has nothing to do with lumps, it's in-editor scripting to modify the map (like DBX's Lua scripting). See preliminary docs here: https://biwa.github.io/udbscript-docs/
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

PreviousNext

Return to Creation, Conversion, and Editing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests