Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mikk-

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by Mikk- »

I've noticed that float/double user variables can't have a //$UserDefaultValue set. The field always shows up blank when placing a new thing.
boris

Post by boris »

Another remnant of the conversion to double. The values specified with that editor key were still interpreted as single precision, while the rest of the code requires double precision. Fixed.
Misery

Post by Misery »

Does Doom Builder completely prevent modification of official IWADs? I would prefer to fix the bugs in the original IWADs (such as bugged secrets, missing textures, etc) instead of creating an almost identical PWAD, but I was hoping it isn't impossible to change them.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

for that you would honestly be better off making a separate wad and auto-loading it rather than editing the pwad
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Even better, you can use LevelPostProcessor to modify that sort of stuff instead of modified iwad maps.
Misery

Post by Misery »

Mikk- wrote:Even better, you can use LevelPostProcessor to modify that sort of stuff instead of modified iwad maps.
What is it? It looks like a lot of internal programming that I'm not near advanced enough to understand. Does it allow modification of the maps? That's all I am wantin' to do.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

levelpostprocessor would be better, yeah. Pretty sure you can use that and some checksum checks to selectively apply alterations based on the map if you want. Unsure how involved it gets though as it isn't something that have messed with.
Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Misery wrote:internal programming
Mate, please. It's called software design.
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

How do you clamp the d64 lighting effects like on the game itself?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Mav3r1ck wrote:How do you clamp the d64 lighting effects like on the game itself?
I assume you mean the D64 sector colours. Those are available only in UDMF
Spoiler:
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

What I meant was, in UDMF the D64 colors stretch the whole sector height instead of clamping down against neighboring sectors like in the actual game. I was wondering if there was an ingame or console option to do this.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

As far as I know the D64 color arrangements are supported in UDB UDMF.
Mav3r1ck wrote:What I meant was, in UDMF the D64 colors stretch the whole sector height instead of clamping down against neighboring sectors like in the actual game. I was wondering if there was an ingame or console option to do this.
What do you mean by "clamping down against neighboring sectors"?
Clamping in what way?

Maybe a screenshot would help to explain what you are looking for.
Spoiler:
Something like this?
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

I'm not sure how to explain it exactly.

For example, on The Bleeding, there or cube-like structures surrounding the player start building. Now when you look at them you'll notice the colored lighting effects are compressed to match the height of the cube-like structures instead of stretching the whole sector height.
Warden

Post by Warden »

Speaking of Doom 64, the UDMF config is missing a definition for sector special 89 GLSector_NoSkyDraw (this mimics D64's fake 3d floor hack). Right now it doesn't show up as an option.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Mav3r1ck wrote:I'm not sure how to explain it exactly.

For example, on The Bleeding, there or cube-like structures surrounding the player start building. Now when you look at them you'll notice the colored lighting effects are compressed to match the height of the cube-like structures instead of stretching the whole sector height.
GZDoom has sidedef flags for that.
Warden wrote:Speaking of Doom 64, the UDMF config is missing a definition for sector special 89 GLSector_NoSkyDraw (this mimics D64's fake 3d floor hack). Right now it doesn't show up as an option.
Indeed, and there's also the "NoSkyWalls" and "DrawFullHeight" linedef flags for that, added by yours truly.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”