Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Kappes Buur » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Nmn wrote::( Guess it's Zdoom format then (or it's derivatives) if I want to edit 3d floors in the 3d view.

Use UDMF 3D Floor Mode if you want to make use of sloped 3D floors and edit them in Visual Mode
I do not believe that this would translate to the obscure ports.

Nmn wrote:.....
I'd just like to try mapping for Doom2 with the added benefit of 3d floors. Sure I could just map for zdoom with 3d floors :? But I thought I'd ask.

If you are loathe to map for G/ZDoom then try Eternity, for which UDB has config files.
Kappes Buur

Postby Nmn » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:56 am

:mono:
Right...
Nmn
Dafuq lmao

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Mikk- » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:21 pm

I've found an odd bug... It seems as if setting a user-defined bool to true in the custom properties tab locks it into being true forever. Whatever I may do, I cannot change the boolean value to false and have it stick. If I click off the tab or close the window, the value always resets to being true.
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Postby boris » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Mikk- wrote:I've found an odd bug... It seems as if setting a user-defined bool to true in the custom properties tab locks it into being true forever. Whatever I may do, I cannot change the boolean value to false and have it stick. If I click off the tab or close the window, the value always resets to being true.

Fixed. Interestingly this bug seem to have existed for years. I guess nobody wants to explicitly set bools to false since that's the default anyway.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby Enjay » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Is there a way to create a thing filter for things that are in more than one category? Specifically, I would like to create a thing filter that only shows dynamic lights, map-placed light objects (tech-lamps etc) and any other light sources that might exist.

I can't see an obvious way. e.g. the filter setup drop-down menus only allow selecting one category at a time.

So, if I want to have a filter for dynamic lights, I can, and I can also have a filter for map placed lamps but I don't see how to get them both showing at the same time because, unlike line colour highlights, I only seem to be able to have one filter active at any one time.

Can it be done?
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby boris » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:03 pm

I don't think that's possible.
boris

Postby Misery » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Is it possible to subcategorize actors in the config files, like you can with (//$Category Monster/Boss Monsters) in the actor's properties?
Misery

Postby Enjay » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:22 pm

boris wrote:I don't think that's possible.

Thanks. At least it wasn't just me missing it.
Enjay

Postby boris » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:01 am

Misery wrote:Is it possible to subcategorize actors in the config files, like you can with (//$Category Monster/Boss Monsters) in the actor's properties?

I don't think that's possible.
boris

Postby Enjay » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:50 am

Would it be possible to add a search for sector colour (presumably by seaching the hex number of the colour)? If so, I'll open an issue/request on Github.

Hand in hand with that, I guess sector fade should probably also be considered if colour can be done.
Enjay

Postby boris » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:10 am

I'm reluctant to adding new search options. This time it's light color and fade. Next time it's upper wall color... time after that glow height... there are like a dozen different properties for the colors alone.

If you want to change a specific light color in the whole map you can also use the "Select Similar..." menu item in the "Sectors" menu and only check the "Light color" item.
boris

Postby Enjay » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:20 am

Fair enough - there are already a lot of search options (which is great BTW) but the "select similar" idea will probably work for me most of the time. Thanks.
Enjay

Postby guru » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:47 am

I have a problem with some self referencing sectors in my map. As soon as I move a vertex anywhere in the map, the self referencing linedefs are split into seperate individual sectors. Is there some config toggle I need to change? Or maybe some error in the way I set up my self referencing sectors? Any help would be great.
guru

Postby boris » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:00 am

Make sure you have "Merge Dragged Vertices Only" selected. It's in the menu bar and the "Edit" menu.
boris

Postby guru » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:15 pm

That was it. Thanks boris!
guru

PreviousNext

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation