Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Deon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:18 am

I found another way to achieve the "mechanical moving sound" without using SOUNDSEQ.

If you use "pillar build"/“pillar open”, it lets you specify both LOWER FLOOR BY #amount and RAISE CEILING BY #amount, which can effectively achieve the same "mechanical door" feeling even with 3dfloors, while providing a "moving stone wall" sound from Doom.
Deon

Postby Deon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:58 am

Good afternoon!

Is there a way to keep a map state and return to it later without building pseudo levels in one level?

I want to have ability to go back/forth between maps, but I also want the dead monsters to stay dead and opened switches to stay open. Is it something that can be achieved?
Deon

Postby Kappes Buur » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Last edited by Kappes Buur on Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kappes Buur

Postby Enjay » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:09 pm

Any idea what's up with this?

I updated UDB today and now whenever I try to open or start a new map in my project I get the following:

Code: Select allExpand view
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
GZDB: R3622
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ZDoom.DecalDefsParser.Parse(TextResourceData data, Boolean clearerrors) in X:\Source\Core\ZDoom\DecalDefsParser.cs:line 84
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.LoadDecalDefs() in X:\Source\Core\Data\DataManager.cs:line 2842
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.Load(DataLocationList configlist, DataLocationList maplist) in X:\Source\Core\Data\DataManager.cs:line 444
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeNewMap(MapOptions options) in X:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 324
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.NewMap() in X:\Source\Core\General\General.cs:line 1075
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin() in X:\Source\Core\Actions\Action.cs:line 266
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname) in X:\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:line 424
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e) in X:\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 454
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

[edit]Hmmm... definitely DECALDEF related. If I remove my own DECALDEF from my resource file, the problem goes away. [/edit]
[edit2]Reported on GitHub[/edit2]
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Kappes Buur » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Maybe that specific DECALDEF.

Works okay with Waterlab

Spoiler:

and/or Gene-Tech

Spoiler:
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kappes Buur

Postby Deon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:40 pm

@Kappes Buur:

I came to say that I FINALLY found the keyword hub, but you were already here and gave an answer. Thank you for that.
I was googling wrong stuff. I was googling "no respawn monsters doom" and "no map reset doom", which was not very useful.

The system works great, I've managed to implement it in my first map:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=70262

If you are interested to share a feedback, I would be so very happy!

Thank you for the immediate help, this community is awesome.
Deon

Postby SanyaWaffles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Enjay wrote:Any idea what's up with this?

I updated UDB today and now whenever I try to open or start a new map in my project I get the following:

Spoiler:

[edit]Hmmm... definitely DECALDEF related. If I remove my own DECALDEF from my resource file, the problem goes away. [/edit]
[edit2]Reported on GitHub[/edit2]

Thanks for reporting this. I'm going to advise my dev team to not update until this gets ironed out.

EDIT: It has all ready been fixed, waiting for a build to become available. Compiled my own build from git.
Last edited by SanyaWaffles on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SanyaWaffles
Wouldn't be an epic gamer if I didn't commit a few war crimes.

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby boris » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:40 pm

It's fixed and there's a new version. And it didn't happen unless your DECALDEF are a mess anyway :P
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby Enjay » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Yup, updated and it I can now do stuff in my project again. Thank you. :yup:

And guilty as charged - it is a mess; made up a long time ago when I didn't really know much about editing DECAL definitions and it's too big to go back and weed out all the sloppy copying and redefining of the old ZDoom decals. Maybe I'll clean it up one day.
Enjay

Ultimate Doom Builder Script Editor not opening

Postby MattTheLast » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi there,

Running Windows 10, here. I have the latest version of UDB, and the script editor simply will not open.
I click the option, nothing. I press F10, nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't seem to find a good answer.
MattTheLast

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Kappes Buur » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Check F5 - Controls - View - Script Editor for shortcut key
Kappes Buur

Postby SanyaWaffles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 pm

boris wrote:It's fixed and there's a new version. And it didn't happen unless your DECALDEF are a mess anyway :P

I have a legit reason for duplicating decals actually. I want to override the built in decals with my own. I forget if there's a way to do that without doing it this way.
SanyaWaffles
Wouldn't be an epic gamer if I didn't commit a few war crimes.

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby boris » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:43 am

SanyaWaffles wrote:
boris wrote:It's fixed and there's a new version. And it didn't happen unless your DECALDEF are a mess anyway :P

I have a legit reason for duplicating decals actually. I want to override the built in decals with my own. I forget if there's a way to do that without doing it this way.

Touché! I didn't think of that. ;)
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby Enjay » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:23 am

That's basically why I had duplicates too - but my DECALDEF is still a clumsy mess. ;)
Enjay

Postby Deon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:08 pm

I have noticed that my map suffers with various monster replacer big mods, because the scripts I attach to my monsters (which are supposed to be triggered on death) do not get carried over.

I have a question. Is it a problem with inherent "replaces" when one thing replaces another, or is it someone in another mod not passing on a "script" parameter of the creature?
Is there a way to "remember" the existing script as an object and pass it on onto the spawning replacer monster?
Deon

PreviousNext

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation