Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:19 pm

Ozymandias81 wrote:You need to edit each map separately, it works if you open said map, CTRL-F on TEXTMAP lump and then replace... After that save the lump, then save the map and do the same to others. Doesn't seem to work differently sadly, since your request would be cool and rapid to do these things.

The problem is: We have currently a total of 40 maps, and 84 hires textures to be replaced. It's simple math: 3280 actions to replace all textures on all maps. This would be a terrible tedious work, that just makes no sense to do this manually, even if it is just "each map for each texture type".

@UDBuilder developers - Any chance to get some kind of a automation here? Search and replace across several wads and maps?
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby boris » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:31 pm

This is such a highly specific feature that it's simply not worth the development time. Especially since you could simple write a tiny shell script that extract the TEXTMAP lump from the WAD, replaces all occurences of the texture names, and put it back in the WAD.
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Well, I would like to but I simply miss the skill to do that :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:32 am

Tormentor667 wrote:Well, I would like to but I simply miss the skill to do that :)

*UPDATE*
One of our teammates was able to write something fitting, so thanks for the hints about how to do it.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 am

Crash when working on map geometry
For the INTERMAP in Blade of Agony we currently suffer a very strange issue. The INTERMAP crashes in UDB as soon as you draw or change geometry. I attached the crash log and the relevant map can be found here. We have no idea since when this is happening and also no idea what's causing this.

Map: https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/ ... TERMAP.wad
Report:
GZCrash.txt
(11.51 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby boris » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 am

Can't reproduce, works fine for me. Looks like something goes wrong when it tries to do something with the things in the map. As a test you could try to delete them all and then see if it still crashes. What version of gzdoom.pk3 are you loading with the map? Does it happen if you only load the map without any resources?
boris

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:53 am

Thanks for the reply, I tried loading it with only the configuration resources (GZDoom.pk3/Doom2.wad)
Spoiler:

and also tried loading it with no resources at all (plain map data)
Spoiler:

Both errors happened when moving a vertice.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby simc » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:33 pm

r3373
If there's a 2s line with the same sector number on both of it's sides, pointing the sector ceiling or floor in visual mode and moving the cursor makes the highlighting flickering.

At some point the sector is highlighted, but when the cursor is moved a bit the highlighting disappears and UDB shows the "visual mode" text below the edit area. When the cursor is moved a bit again the highlighting returns and the sector info is shown again. Test wad for Doom2 (Boom) included.
Attachments
2s_line.wad
(719 Bytes) Downloaded 6 times
simc

Postby boris » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Can't reproduce. Can you record a video of it?
boris

Postby simc » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:45 pm

https://i.imgur.com/uOe4uXF.gif

I now notice it does happen only with the UDB 32-bit version. Not with the 64-bit. Sorry for missing this.
simc

Postby boris » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:53 pm

OK, I can reproduce it with the 32 bit version. Really bizarre. Unfortunately it doesn't happen in the debug version.
boris

Postby Enjay » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:07 am

Editing question:

Is there a way to force vertices to end up on the grid when copying/pasting/rotating etc in UDMF mode?

For example, if I have a square crate and I want to rotate it through some arbitrary angle, is there a way that I can guarantee all vertices end up on whole-number coordinates rather than fractional ones? I know that doing this might mean sides that are not perfectly the original length and not perfectly at right angles to each other, but sometimes it would be useful (at other times, the precision of fractional coordinates is, of course, also very useful).

I have "snap to grid" active so I wondered if, after rotating, if I then selected all of the vertices in the object, the individual vertices might snap to whole number coordinates but they maintain their relative positions (even though their overall movement is "snapping" by whatever the grid size is). Again, this is mostly useful but sometimes I just want everything to land bang on a whole number grid coordinate.

So, can this be done of do I have to manually move each vertex after I have rotated something? It seems like something that might exists and I'm just not seeing the option.

Thanks.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby boris » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Uncheck the "high precision positioning" checkbox in the "edit selection" docker.
boris

Postby Enjay » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Aha! there it is. Thank you.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby VGA » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:46 am

Is there a way to prevent the dynamic light from an item bleeding through a wall? Is there a special linedef that can block all lights or ... is there a way to set a specific item to not have any lighting or to scale its lighting down? (Without creating a new class or affecting other items of the same type.)
VGA

PreviousNext

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation