Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder 2, Slade, WadSmoosh, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Postby Jaska » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:00 am

[Edit] I think I got it fixed by joining the sector to another "blank" sector.

I had a very strange problem. I added sloped 3D-floor. It crashed the editor. Now I got the map open but I can't save it or modify broken sloped sector.. Slopemode was broken.

Code: Select allExpand view
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GZDB: R3352
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Saman avaimen sisältävä kohde on jo lisätty.
   kohteessa System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   kohteessa System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ThreeDFloorMode.SlopeVertexGroup.FindSectors() tiedostossa w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\3DFloorMode\SlopeVertexGroup.cs:rivillä 144
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ThreeDFloorMode.SlopeVertexGroup..ctor(Int32 id, Sector sector) tiedostossa w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\3DFloorMode\SlopeVertexGroup.cs:rivillä 91
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ThreeDFloorMode.BuilderPlug.LoadSlopeVertexGroupsFromSector() tiedostossa w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\3DFloorMode\BuilderPlug.cs:rivillä 505
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ThreeDFloorMode.SlopeMode.OnEngage() tiedostossa w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Plugins\3DFloorMode\SlopeMode.cs:rivillä 154
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Editing.EditingManager.ChangeMode(EditMode nextmode)
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.BeginActionByKey(Int32 key, Boolean repeated)
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.KeyPressed(Int32 key)
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.MainForm_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   kohteessa CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Jaska

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby NeuralStunner » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:56 pm

I just want to express my appreciation for this project. :D

And also for the new splash screen. That demon really needed to see a dentist. :P
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:36 am

Suggestion: As there are two friendly flags (MBF and Strife), and only one gets remapped as "Player's can't activate" in UDB in the GUI, but both remap to the same Friendly actor flag internally, I'd suggest that both get remapped in the GUI.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby NeuralStunner » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:42 pm

On further testing, "open resources in read-only mode" does not keep from locking them.

Other small problems:
  • Geometry is forced to whole grid units in UDMF. There should be a toggle for this.
  • Polyobject things need an override for optimizing their angle. Any value over 359 gets reduced to N mod 360 if things are moved/edited in groups.
  • Speaking of editing multiple objects, anything using arg0str will lose it if multi-editing with things that have numeric or no arg0s.
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby boris » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:28 am

If someone wants to try out visual sloping.

THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL AND NOT FINAL. THINGS MIGHT CHANGE.

How it works:
In visual mode you can toggle visual slope picking (default hotkey: Shift-W), then move the cursor close to the edge of a floor/ceiling. You'll see the line being highlighted. This is the slope handle. Pressing the LMB will select the slope handle. Pressing RMB will set the slope handle as the pivot handle (where you'll rotate around). If you don't set a pivot handle it will try to automatically find a handle to use as the pivot handle (this will work fine in many cases).
After selecting a slope handle you can use all height modification actions one it, like scrolling the mouse wheel. If you have multiple surfaces selected when modifying a slope handle, the new slope will be applied to all selected surfaces. If you have nothing selected the slope will be applied to the surface the slope handles belongs to. You can also slope the selected floors/ceilings between two selected slope handles (default hotkey: Ctrl-F).

Known issues:
- colors of slope handles are not configurable (not sure if that'll change)
- colors of highlighted slope handle is not correct when showing highlighting is disabled
- having multiple surfaces and slope handles selected will only apply the slope effect from the last selected handle

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ultimated ... g-test3.7z (UNPACK IN A NEW DIRECTORY!)

Video of it in action:

boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby Jaska » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Have been waiting for this as long as I first saw it! Great! But, not going to use it if it might have irreversible effects on maps if I use it?
Jaska

Postby boris » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Well, all it does in the end is to set the slope equation properties of sectors. So it should not break anything. But if there are bugs and nobodies tries it out they will not be found as quickly ;)
boris

Postby Jaska » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Oh, then I'll be using it right away!
Jaska

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:43 pm

This is brilliant Boris!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby whirledtsar » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:59 pm

So what is the deal with texturesets? I'm using a pk3, and the editor loads textures in /textures (and subfolders therein) just fine. But they won't register in the texturesets when I add them. However, texturesets will register textures defined with the TEXTURES lump using patches from those folders. I experience the same results in GZDB-Bugfix by the way.

Also, where is the textureset file located? I checked on the file in conficurations/includes but it's 0 kb and blank, which doesnt reflect reality.
whirledtsar

Postby Kappes Buur » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:53 pm

Texturesets are specified in C:\Users\computername\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\GZBuilder.cfg
These texturesets are autogenerated depending on the base resource wad used. So, if you use
several different formats to construct maps, like DiHF, UDMF, B2F or D2F, then different texturesets
will be generated.

The interesting part is that one can use the * wildcard, for example SW1*, to include textures from
additional resource wads, like RETRES.WAD, etc. Other textures can be added manually.
Kappes Buur

Postby badatdoom » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:00 am

Hello All,

I don't think this is an issue with the builder, but something I may have done by accident. I will move this to a new thread or log an issue if you would prefer. I am starting
with GZDB-BF as that is where I started having issues, but I am having the same issue with UDB.

GZDB-BF worked fine until for several months. I did two things that I can remember specifically before I started having issues: I moved GZDoom to a different drive, and I
installed the Hell On Earth Starter Pack from MODDB (shouldn't be the issue, but worth mentioning). I immediately started getting the below pop-up error when starting
GZDB-BF. I tried several things (obviously deleting and re-extracting) and installing UDB - same issue. I found that this might be a .NET Framework issue (I have versions
3.5 and 4.8 installed). I tried the newest repair tool here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available...not
what I'd hoped for. I then deleted (not uninstalled) GZDB-BF and tried "reinstalling" .NET 4.8 using the instructions here:
https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-ca/troubleshooting/manually-fix-microsoft-net-framework-errors/00/261359. I re-extracted GZDB-BF from my existing
download and was able to get the builder opened with no error. But when I tried to create a new map or open an existing one I get the below pop-up error. I can continue
through the error on a new map, but get it again when I try to place a thing or add a texture in 3D Mode. Nothing loads for an existing map. This morning I downloaded UDB (3352 64)
and it is behaving exactly like GZDB-BF in this regard.

Any help is appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.

Note GPU is really an APU: Ryzen 2200G using 2 of 16GB of Ram. Also, I love Doom Builder. Excellent job everyone involved.

Code: Select allExpand view
***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
GZDB: R3352
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.NumericTextbox.TryGetResultValue(String expression, Single& value)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.NumericTextbox.GetResultFloat(Single original, Int32 step)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.NumericTextbox.GetResult(Int32 original, Int32 step)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.Interface.SectorDrawingOptionsPanel.ceilHeight_WhenTextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ButtonsNumericTextbox.textbox_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.NumericTextbox.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.Interface.SectorDrawingOptionsPanel.Setup()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BuilderPlug.OnMapNewEnd()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Plugins.PluginManager.OnMapNewEnd()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.NewMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
badatdoom

Postby boris » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:32 am

Sounds like something's wrong with your .Net. UDB is for .Net 4.7.2, so you could try to install that (see first post), but I guess if you got 4.8 installed that won't work.
boris

Postby Kappes Buur » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:49 pm

I always wondered about the validity of having to install that 'particular' version of .NET Framework.

While I let Microsoft update my Windows10 installation, it seems that older versions (at times?) get overwritten by new versions. For example, I know that at one time version 4.7 was listed under Control Panel - Programs and Features. But now, after a few more updates, no .NET Framework shows as being installed. However, Belarc Advisor (freeware) tells me that I do have some versions installed, but not 4.7.2

and I have no problems with running GZDBBF or UDB.

I guess, installing 4.7.2 from the link on page 1 won't hurt.
Kappes Buur

Postby whirledtsar » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Kappes Buur wrote:Texturesets are specified in C:\Users\computername\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\GZBuilder.cfg
These texturesets are autogenerated depending on the base resource wad used. So, if you use
several different formats to construct maps, like DiHF, UDMF, B2F or D2F, then different texturesets
will be generated.

The interesting part is that one can use the * wildcard, for example SW1*, to include textures from
additional resource wads, like RETRES.WAD, etc. Other textures can be added manually.

Okay, good to know. But the issue i'm trying to report is that they do not seem to register textures from PK3's.
whirledtsar

PreviousNext

Return to Creation, Conversion, and Editing