Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by NeuralStunner »

Enjay wrote:Have you tried this?
ZZYZX wrote:Map being locked won't be fixed (this is required for editor's functionality)
(maybe it will be fixed later though, not sure what exactly is the issue)
RESOURCES being locked though, can be fixed by choosing "open map resources in read-only mode". If this doesn't work — that's a bug.
I'll try it.

Hadn't considered the editor doing anything but, I'll be honest. There's no "remove unused textures" feature (and those are questionable to begin with, nevermind a Big No™ for external packages), and the Tools->Reload * functions are otherwise useless. Oh, and non-map text lump editing is already gone. Shouldn't this be the default behavior? :wink:
Ghost Prototype

Post by Ghost Prototype »

'open map resources in read-only mode' isn't working. SLADE is saying "Unable to open file for saving. Make sure it isn't in use by another program."
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Just wondering.

On builder everything looks fine.
https://i.imgur.com/KrV3hha.png

When in game:
https://i.imgur.com/LKGH20T.png

So I've adjusted the roll of the sprites to 15. So why it Works on editor but not in game?

I've also wondered why models roll or pitch doesn't do anything in editor or in game.
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Ghost Prototype wrote:'open map resources in read-only mode' isn't working. SLADE is saying "Unable to open file for saving. Make sure it isn't in use by another program."
Yeah, that is annoying.
Apprentice

Post by Apprentice »

My anti-virus (Panda) went haywire with this, you may want to check that out . . .
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Apprentice wrote:My anti-virus (Panda) went haywire with this, you may want to check that out . . .
It's possible it's a false-positive - if you can, try directing VirusTotal.com to the file and see if anything else picks it up.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Apprentice wrote:My anti-virus (Panda) went haywire with this, you may want to check that out . . .
My anti-virus had problems with nearly every release of gzdb-bugfix, which is the precursor to this. I imagine it's because of the update feature, but I can't say for sure without actually looking into it, but it is almost certainly is a false-positive.
Apprentice

Post by Apprentice »

I already figured that it was a false positive, had it with many others. VirusTotal says it's clean but it has to come from *somewhere* . . .
boris

Post by boris »

I've seen scanners complain about the updater quite a few times. I guess they don't like that the updater downloads stuff.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Some AV software even triggers for no better reason than "I've never heard of this program".
NickZ

Post by NickZ »

Thanks so much for adding OpenGL support. Now it runs great in Linux without any major problems.

I made a Lutris installer for it that makes installing Wine and the dependencies a snap, you can find it here (select the R3352-x86 version, which is under the "show unpublished installers" link.)
axredneck
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

NickZ wrote:I made a Lutris installer for it that makes installing Wine and the dependencies a snap, you can find it here (select the R3352-x86 version, which is under the "show unpublished installers" link.)
Is dotnet472 really needed? Doesn't UDB work better with Mono under Wine?
22alpha22

Post by 22alpha22 »

Any chance of adding support for thing sizes that are of Double/Float? Currently any Class/Actor defined in ZScript/Decorate with a Radius/Height that includes a decimal results in the Thing's bounding box falling back to the default size in Ultimate Doom Builder rather than the actual size. Since GZDoom supports Classes/Actors with Double/Float sizes, it would be nice to be able to see the correct sizes in the editor.

Another thing I've noticed is that most MD2 models defined through MODELDEF with an added ZOffset value appear much higher in the Editor than in game.
YukiRaven

Post by YukiRaven »

This is a funky one... and it's kinda crossing areas, so bear with me if this isn't the exact appropriate thread for this. It looks like UDMF isn't following the UDMF spec, but GZDoom doesn't seem to follow the spec exactly, either.

I had a very basic map that was in vanilla format (hardly anything was done in it - just some boring sectors and a handful of things) that I converted to UDMF using UDB. I did this by opening it, then going into Map Options, then choosing a profile that uses UDMF. This seemed to work, because GZDoom loaded the level just fine.

I have a few custom tools I've written that have UDMF parsers. One of them found that some of the identifiers being generated are invalid. Specifically, these, which appeared in a thing {} block:

Code: Select all

1 = true;
2 = true;
4 = true;
The UDMF spec states that identifiers have this format:

Code: Select all

identifier := [A-Za-z_]+[A-Za-z0-9_]*
Thus, identifiers can't start with a number, according to the spec.

So... is the spec wrong? Or did UDB generate bad UDMF data and GZDoom is just lax about it?

Like I said, I wasn't sure if this should be considered a UDB bug or what.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

GZDoom's parser is written for speed and assumes that the data is correct, i.e. it never validates unknown key names and just ignores them. In this case the spec is the rule book and any deviation is invalid.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”