Ultimate Doom Builder

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
boris

Re: Ultimate Doom Builder

Post by boris »

Enjay wrote:
boris wrote:Yes, you'll have to create a new config for that.
Good to know. I actually already have a few game/mod specific configs. Thing is, I can't figure out where to put the entries that would affect this (or what they would be). I found some stuff in the standard configs, but it didn't seem to be quite what I was looking for. Any chance you (or anyone else) could point me in the right direction? Even tell me which original file to look in to get something to copy/paste/edit from?

Thanks.
Ultimately it's in Configurations\Includes\UDMF_misc.cfg, the "thingflags" section. But that gets included from ZDoom_common.cfg, which itself gets included from GZDoom_DoomUDMF.cfg. So you'd have to make copies of all those files. Always look for the "thingflags" section.
Jaska wrote:So is visual sloping only possible with this version:
viewtopic.php?f=232&t=66745&start=180#p1139165

Or at least I can't enable it on my current version of the builder which is "3.0.0.3379 (8115d12)".
It's not in the normal release yet, you'll have the use the test3 build.
Kappes Buur wrote:The video shows the map construction done with the test3 version, which has been taken down from the download page.
It's not been taken down, it's just not visible anymore. The link in the post works just fine.
Kappes Buur wrote:
  • have you enabled the 3DFloormode?
Please stop relating visual sloping to the 3D floor mode. They are not related. Visual sloping is part of the BuilderModes plugin.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

boris wrote:Ultimately it's in Configurations\Includes\UDMF_misc.cfg, the "thingflags" section. But that gets included from ZDoom_common.cfg, which itself gets included from GZDoom_DoomUDMF.cfg. So you'd have to make copies of all those files. Always look for the "thingflags" section.
That's quite a few files to make copies of that I then might not notice if they are updated by subsequent versions of UDB (which my copies wouldn't be of course). So I might miss an update somewhere. I'll take a look and figure out if it's worth doing though. Thanks once again.

And another question: I notice that the error checker, even when "stuck things" are being checked for doesn't make a height check -

My question is, should it (or an additional "check thing heights" check be added)?

Or maybe I missed an option?

Hmmm... that's two, maybe three questions. :lol:
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Jaska wrote:So is visual sloping only possible with this version:
viewtopic.php?f=232&t=66745&start=180#p1139165

Or at least I can't enable it on my current version of the builder which is "3.0.0.3379 (8115d12)".
boris wrote:It's not in the normal release yet, you'll have the use the test3 build.
Kappes Buur wrote:The video shows the map construction done with the test3 version, which has been taken down from the download page.
boris wrote:It's not been taken down, it's just not visible anymore. The link in the post works just fine.
it's just not visible anymore :)
Kappes Buur wrote:
  • have you enabled the 3DFloormode?
boris wrote:Please stop relating visual sloping to the 3D floor mode. They are not related. Visual sloping is part of the BuilderModes plugin.
Since Jaska was referring to the video, I took it that he was asking about the interactive sloping part.
Okay, I will stop making reference to your plugins in future.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Is the latest visual slope stuff in the visual-slope2 branch? wasnt sure since you called it test3.

Also, is there a plan to merge it master, or are you still testing?
boris

Post by boris »

Yes, it's the visual-slope2 branch. The plan is to merge it to master, but there are two problems left: 1) auto-aligning floor/ceiling on them doesn't work. 2) there are some problems with copy'n'paste. Those issues have always existed, but are only apparent now that there's a really convenient way to slope sectors with the plane equation method.
boris

Post by boris »

New test version for visual sloping: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ultimated ... g-test4.7z

What's new:
  • smart pivot handle for the currently highlighted slope handle is shown (in blue)
  • "Raise/Lower Floor/Ceiling/thing to adjacent sector" actions now work on slope handles
  • scaling floor/ceiling texture when auto-aligning floor/ceiling textures now works on any slope type
  • copy'n'paste should work correctly with plane equation slopes
  • propably other stuff I forgot
printz

Post by printz »

I hate long threads. It takes too long to read if what I'm going to ask has already been said:
Better Linux compatibility implemented by dpJudas & Talon1024
Does this mean that chances for a Macintosh port have increased substantially? As long as OpenGL is still in macOS...
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Unfortunately no. The winforms implementation in mono for Mac was done using Carbon instead of Cocoa. Apple removed Carbon support when they switched to 64-bit Macs in 2007. Since then winforms for Mac has been broken. When you try boot the native build of UDB for Mac it crashes deep inside mono's winforms.

The eventual removal of OpenGL is much easier to solve as the new backend can be ported to vulkan. I already have a branch with the code that is about 75% done. The real showstopper right now is that someone needs to be willing to work on the mono codebase and repair winforms' macOS support.
Baysha

Post by Baysha »

Hi. I have a problem. When I try to use MAPINFO to define editor numbers, I get an error that says it cannot find the class.

Like this:
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "17000 = afrit": failed to find corresponding actor class...

I don't see anything wrong with the mapinfo file. And it works if I choose an actor from vanilla Doom. So what's going on? how do I make it work?
Jaska
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Jaska »

Do you have it as a .wad in your pk3? Or how you have included in your project?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Baysha wrote:... So what's going on? how do I make it work?
The class is called FireDemon

Code: Select all

DoomEdNums
{
  17000 = FireDemon
}
Export all FDMN sprites from HEXEN as png images and paste them into your pwad.
Spoiler:
Baysha

Post by Baysha »

Jaska wrote:Do you have it as a .wad in your pk3? Or how you have included in your project?
I just copied and pasted the code and graphics into a wad file that I ran as a resource with my project. It still doesn't work If i put in the wad file itself. Or if I put the stuff directly into my project.

Kappes Buur wrote:
The class is called FireDemon

Code: Select all

DoomEdNums
{
  17000 = FireDemon
}
Export all FDMN sprites from HEXEN as png images and paste them into your pwad.
Spoiler:
[/quote]

You must be mistaken, in the example I'm trying to add the Afrit from realm 667. Not the Afrit from Hexen.
https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/b ... /429-afrit
boris

Post by boris »

That monster uses ZScript, so you'll have to load gzdoom.pk3 as a resource (but make sure to exclude it from testing).
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Baysha wrote:You must be mistaken, ...
You are funny :evil:

In future, when asking for help, you should provide more relevant information,
or you might find out that help will dry up.

Concerning the Afrit:
  • Afrit from HEXEN
  • original Afrit from Realm667 with DECORATE
  • updated Afrit from Realm667 with ZSCRIPT
Spoiler:
Baysha

Post by Baysha »

Kappes Buur wrote:
Baysha wrote:You must be mistaken, ...
You are funny :evil:

In future, when asking for help, you should provide more relevant information,
or you might find out that help will dry up.

Concerning the Afrit:
  • Afrit from HEXEN
  • original Afrit from Realm667 with DECORATE
  • updated Afrit from Realm667 with ZSCRIPT
Spoiler:
Ah. I'm trying to use the ZSCRIPT Afrit.
boris wrote:That monster uses ZScript, so you'll have to load gzdoom.pk3 as a resource (but make sure to exclude it from testing).
I did that, but it only worked for one monster. The Grell. https://realm667.com/index.php/en/beast ... 1395-grell

I don't know why it only worked for this monster. But I think I should point out it doesn't work for DECORATE monsters either. I have the resources in a .WAD file if that's relevant. And it works perfectly fine in SLADE.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”