[Util] ZDoom Terrain Generator

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
that_guy

Post by that_guy »

Grubber, you rock ... 8-)

If anyone had asked me if a terrain generator was possible for the Doom engine I'd have busted a gut laughing. I've been playing with your brainchild using heightmaps generated with

http://www.world-machine.com/

and still find it hard to believe. Am downloading your latest version now and have a question:

Are you planning a method to specify different flats for different floor and/or ceiling heights? This would allow flat changes and transitions between differing heights besides the one you've just implemented for below 0 floor height which is most useful for adding deep water.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Kappes Buur wrote:I have uploaded a step by step tutorial to rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1839315/heightmap.zip.html

It just might be possible, that someone finds it useful.
Provided they can actually get it off there. (when it's not saying you're already downloading something when you're not)
Phoenix
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Phoenix »

oh my god. it's beautiful. the lava level. wtf good :rock:

framerate can go as low as 20 fps when i look right at the big lake :P but hey.
JonD

Post by JonD »

that_guy wrote:Are you planning a method to specify different flats for different floor and/or ceiling heights? This would allow flat changes and transitions between differing heights besides the one you've just implemented for below 0 floor height which is most useful for adding deep water.
Check the latest release out :)
that_guy

Post by that_guy »

ok Grubber I've been trying to DL your latest release ... I get "file size 429kb" at the start but the DL finishes at between 30 and 32kb with only ZTerrain.exe and ZTerrain.htm in the DL (although the ZTerrain.exe and ZTerrain.htm are not corrupted). Would like to see the demo.wads if you can help ...
that_guy

Post by that_guy »

'tis alright Grubber ... got it :? ... had to finally use LeechGet and pause it whenever it slowed down and then resume :roll:
JonD wrote:
that_guy wrote:Are you planning a method to specify different flats for different floor and/or ceiling heights? This would allow flat changes and transitions between differing heights besides the one you've just implemented for below 0 floor height which is most useful for adding deep water.
Check the latest release out :)
Ye thx JonD but already had it; was asking about more texturing flexibility for say, lowlands versus mountainous terrain ...

As for the demo Grubber ,well :shock: :shock:!
heh,
Don't stop now ...
Richard213

Post by Richard213 »

when i download it doesnt come with a wad file ???
that_guy

Post by that_guy »

Richard213 wrote:when i download it doesnt come with a wad file ???
sounds like you're having the same problem I was ... :wink: ; try a download manager such as http://www.leechget.net/en/ and pause when the download slows to a stop then resume it 'till it finishes (about 486kb) :roll:
Grubber

Post by Grubber »

Oh crap. I have to place the file somewhere else. As I've said, my website host SUCKS.
Richard213

Post by Richard213 »

I got it, meh i had to use IE to get the whole file
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I used Flashget - took over an hour and over 100 retries. :shock:

Got it though. Cool stuff.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:
PRAISE DA PROGRAMMER!!!!!!!1111ONEENOONE
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Last edited by TheDarkArchon on Fri May 27, 2005 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vader

Post by Vader »

:laff:
JonD

Post by JonD »

that_guy wrote:Ye thx JonD but already had it; was asking about more texturing flexibility for say, lowlands versus mountainous terrain ...
Sorry, should have read your post more carefully.

Grubber - it'd be neat if you could release the source to this too, preferably under a nice licence like GPL or BSD :) I know I'd like to play around with it, I imagine others would too...
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Wonder if this will run faster when randy has implemented Polymost... what's the status with that BTW?

:twisted:

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”