GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZZYZX

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by ZZYZX »

That's quite possible I believe, although I've yet to do some research on EDF and DEH formats since I basically don't know how they work at all :)
I'd appreciate a list of what should be supported using an EDF file and where should it go in the GZDB interface, since I looked at EDF article in the Eternity wiki and it seems to be the "do-all" format.
edit: was contacted by Altazimuth, help not needed anymore :)

Although one thing I can say instantly is that adding EDF or DEH from an external file is not going to work, at least most likely.
I've yet to see how GZDB's resources work and if it's possible to add something other than a .wad, .pk3/.pk7 or a directory there.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

:wub: That's great to hear! EDF is usually embedded as a lump or included in a PK3 file, so not handling separate files shouldn't be an issue there at least.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Opening GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r2834 and clicking on New Map - OK generates this crash

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
GZDB: R2834

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.ApplyZDoomThings(Dictionary`2 spawnnumsoverride, Dictionary`2 doomednumsoverride) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Data\DataManager.cs:line 1949
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.Load(DataLocationList configlist, DataLocationList maplist) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Data\DataManager.cs:line 452
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeNewMap(MapOptions options) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 320
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.NewMap() in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\General\General.cs:line 1092
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin() in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Actions\Action.cs:line 256
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:line 407
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e) in w:\dev\GZDoom-Builder\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 465
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

This can happen if you have the same class defined in both ZScript and DECORATE. I could suppress the error, but that doesn't sound right. Can I have your resource list?
Edit: apparently this happens when you replace an actor using replaces from DECORATE. Going to fix.
Edit: fixed in R2836.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Would it be possible to allow for more than one resource list for each configuration? In other words, in GZDoom UDMF format it would be helpful if I could have two different lists of resources, one with only DOOM2.WAD for nothing else loading and one with a bunch of new resources like texture packs and the like. This way I don't have to constantly change my resources list and re-add them later when I want to change mapping gears.
Nash

Post by Nash »

ZZYZX, can you please add these new dynamic light things into GZDB? Thanks <3

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=53518&start=165#p971668

EDIT: and also support actually drawing them in the 3D view, otherwise there's no point if you can't see what it'll end up looking like in-game.

ALSO, while we're in the subject of WYSIWYG: any chance of implementing the post processing stuff into the 3D view too? I'm having a hard time visualizing what my level will look like with SSAO because I can't preview it in GZDB.

It's taking me ages just to get the lighting right in this stupid low-detail scene, because I can't preview it in the editor...

ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Nash wrote:ALSO, while we're in the subject of WYSIWYG: any chance of implementing the post processing stuff into the 3D view too?
Low. Extremely.

On the lights and their visual representation though — the estimation looks promising :)

Overall, guys, consider posting your requests here: https://github.com/jewalky/GZDoom-Builder-Bugfix/issues
That way it's more organized and when I have time I can just look at the list and pick something to do.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

I'm sorry. But what the f**k is this enum

//divide these by 100 to get light color alpha
	public enum DynamicLightRenderStyle
	{
		NONE = 0,
		NORMAL = 99,
		VAVOOM = 50,
		ADDITIVE = 25,
		NEGATIVE = 100,
	}
Edit: apparently he sends values to the shader like this. It's ew though.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Added attenuated light support in R2837. Not GLDEFS yet.
Edit: Added GLDEFS attenuate 1 keyword support in R2839.

Also, question to people who know GZDB theory and history.
Does anyone know why states for default actor sprite are checked in this order? Were there some bugs?

private readonly string[] SPRITE_CHECK_STATES = { "idle", "see", "inactive", "spawn" }; //mxd
Is it not better to check idle->inactive->spawn->see? When I was testing GLDEFS, I put my testing Light() definition into the spawn state and was debugging the absence of that light for an hour until I realized that it takes See state for the preview.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

ZZYZX wrote:Added attenuated light support in R2837. Not GLDEFS yet.
Edit: Added GLDEFS attenuate 1 keyword support in R2839.
That was quick. :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Well, you're basically guaranteed to have a spawn state, so it has to be the last state in order because any state after wouldn't ever get to be checked. For the rest I imagine there a number of actors for which it ended up making more sense; thing of for example trap items like Hexen's pikes that get out of the ground, the Spawn state might look like just a little clump of rocks while another state is more visible; or the swamp lurker that might be invisible in spawn. Inactive will usually be for switching/switchable decorations only, so it can help make the difference between a lamp that's always lit and a lamp that can be toggled on and off.
illuknisaa

Post by illuknisaa »

Feature request:
Ability to use "page forward" and "page backward" keyboard shortcuts to browse through the texture selection. Currently I find little inconvenient to put mouse cursor on top of folder icon on top of texture selection and press RMB.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Thank you for the attenuated lights ZZYZX! And I will remember to use the Issues page next time for Feature Requests, noted!
NGX

Post by NGX »

Is MaxEd no longer involved in developing GZDB?
Gez

Post by Gez »

No, he got fed up with complaints about the texture browser and quit. He's been so active for so long that he was probably approaching burn out anyway, and the nagging about the texture browser was just the proverbial straw breaking the camel's back.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”