GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZZYZX

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by ZZYZX »

Does GZDB write anything in errors list? (bottom right of the window, with exclamation icon)
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

ZZYZX wrote:Does GZDB write anything in errors list? (bottom right of the window, with exclamation icon)
Yes it did and since i have fixed few errors, the models started to appear. But i now have a tons of error with textures not defined and sprites not founds.

I believe there is a mess with my decorate file that i may have to properly fix.

On another hand i have problem with the editor when i double cluck on an error in the log, it open the file in the script editor where the error is. That is cool but if i want to open the same file (a decorate file for exemple) in notepad, every text format is all screwed into a single line. I have to open the same file in wordpad to get the text format how its supposed to be.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

This is because Windows Notepad is very limited and doesn't understand non-Windows line endings (i.e. it requires lines to end with \r\n instead of just \n which is more or less the unofficial crossplatform standard).
I suggest using Notepad++, AkelPad or something like that.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

Would be absolutely awesome to have a built-in little 3d-editor which would generate md3 out of fake sectors outside of the map and place them into desired place to replicate 3d brushes. Add your md3 collision code to it and it's going to be sick.
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Fishytza »

For some reason if you define some enum options for arg 0 they won't show up if you hover your mouse over a thing in Things Mode or look at it in Visual Mode. Thankfully it works if you select it and view the "Action / Tag / Misc" tab.
This is peculiar because this issue doesn't happen with the other args.

Here's a test wad with a map and a test actor (zscript) using enums, use GZDB-BF to open it and make sure to load gzdoom.pk3 as a resource so it loads the zscript class. Tested with R3039.
Again, hover your mouse over TestThing and notice how arg 0 just shows '0' while arg 1 and 2 show their enum names.
Attachments
GZDB-BF enums test.wad
Choose "GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF)"
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Martix10

Post by Martix10 »

Sudenly I can't open GzDoomBuilder anymore, there's no errors .. I click on it and nothing happens. The last version that I can open is the R3012. Could this be a Windows 10 error ?
Clay

Post by Clay »

I have again encountered a problem that I have with both GZDB and GZDB bugfix. They wont save map changes sometimes. I thought maybe use error but I now have a habit of saving multiple times as a result of this. Unfortunately this is not something anyone I have spoken to has dealt with and I cannot say how to reproduce it as all I do it map then save. When opening my progress is sometimes gone.

I used to be able to get around it by deleting the wad and renaming the first backup file. But that no longer works. I have little expectation this will be solved but Had to put it out there so it was known.

If there is any info I can provide, please let me know and how to get that info. Thanks.
Martix10

Post by Martix10 »

I found this error in the windows event logs:
Spoiler:
It was working fine, sudenly stoped :(
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Did you update recently? (Martix)
Martix10

Post by Martix10 »

Yep, windows auto updated to 1809 (win 10).
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Martix10 wrote:Yep, windows auto updated to 1809 (win 10).
Check out viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62195

Install all DOOM_Stuff (editors, utils, etc) in a dedicated folder, eg
  • Drive:\Editors\GZDB-BF_3039x64
    Drive:\Editors\SLADE_3.1.2
    Drive:\Editors\BHS_Font_generator
and NOT in C:\Programs
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

The bugfix fork seems to read the SurfaceSkin path of model textures in a way that forces the user to always have the textures in a folder hierarchy starting from the model's directory. It is therefore not possible for models to share textures.

Example:

Code: Select all

Path "models/creatures/zombiechicken1"
Model 0 "zombiechicken1.md3"
SurfaceSkin 0 0 "models/PAL1.png"//the actual path is read as "models/creatures/zombiechicken1/models/PAL1.png", which it shouldn't since the texture is in the models directory that is a main folder of hte pk3 file.
This causes tons of "unable to load skin" errors. to appear.
Nash

Post by Nash »

When copy and pasting sectors, flats are auto-assigned something even when they were deliberately set to "-" (empty texture). I swear GZDB didn't do this before. Please add option to disable this behaviour, or tell me if it can be adjusted by myself.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

In the editing "bar" or whatever it is on the right there are a few check boxes that should be able to toggle that behavior on and off
Nash

Post by Nash »

Despite all of those checkboxes being OFF, I am STILL getting forced texture applications when I press Enter to confirm the edit.

I have my stuff set to "-" for a reason.

Again, it didn't use to do this. I don't know when it started doing this.

EDIT: to make things worse, it is doing this retroactively to opened maps that previously have the empty textures. I'm opening some other maps which I haven't touched in a while and suddenly and magically all textures that were intentionally set to "-" now have a texture applied, without my control!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”