GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Kappes Buur wrote: None of the linedef action specials above 255 work in GZDBBF, although they work from scripts.
Hey thank you a lot for these, always useful :wub:
Nash

Post by Nash »

Daryn wrote:I just wanted to refer back to my bug report post here...

viewtopic.php?f=232&t=54957&start=975#p1088627

In case it got lost in the shuffle. It's still an issue.
I would suggest you add it to the Github "Issues" tab because forum posts can get lost easily.

That said, to be quite frank with you, expect it to not be addressed/fixed for some time... it seems that the maintainer of this program hasn't updated it in quite some time; probably busy with other (paid? IDK) projects and/or put GZDB on very low priority... pinged him about the possiblity of adding someone to have commit access to the Github repo but got no response. Only other option to keep GZDB moving forward is if someone else forks GZDB-BF. Then we'll have a fork of a fork of a fork. =P (DB2 -> GZDB -> GZDB-BF)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Nash wrote:Then we'll have a fork of a fork of a fork. =P
Dinner for 3! One more and it's an average family.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Extracting r3048 will still give a problem with the Visplane Explorer.
Replace the files in Plugin with boris's fixed version of the plugin

viewtopic.php?f=232&t=54957&start=990#p1093100
viewtopic.php?f=232&t=54957&p=1086399#p1086397
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Hey. So I'd like to make an announcement (which will probably be duplicated at the first post)

When I started this fork, I was still quite active in the Doom community and even played Zandronum MP :roll:
However over these years I lost both free time and interest in Doom (actually I half-left the community overall, only randomly writing code that seems interesting to me, and hanging in the Discord).

I'm looking for someone who's willing to continue (in any way) with improving GZDB(BF).
I think the best way to do this would be adding him/them as a collaborator(s) to my repo, because this way they should also have access to all issues that were already reported, and we won't have to change any URLs.

I'm available to contact either here in PM or in Discord (ZZYZX#1394)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Thank you for all your hard work in keeping GZDB alive, ZZYZX. Hopefully we can find someone to keep the torch burning. Good luck with your other projects!
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

Hi ZZYZX - thanks so much for carrying GZDBBF this far! I wouldn’t be able to carry a massive amount of development full-time, but I’ve tampered with bits and pieces of it over the last couple of years :) If that qualifies me, I’d be glad to maintain people’s contributions and keep the project alive.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I've only recently (finally) started using GZDB with any sort of regularity. It's a great editor and I really appreciate the efforts of ZZYZX in keeping it alive, as well as all the other contributors to it both past present and future.
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

Joined sectors are being unjoined when moved. Is it having to do with these issues?

https://github.com/jewalky/GZDoom-Build ... x/issues/7
https://github.com/jewalky/GZDoom-Build ... issues/163

It's very annoying and doesn't happen in DBX.
boris

Post by boris »

What version are you using? It works fine for me, also the example map from issue 163 (i.e. it doesn't split the sectors unintentionally).
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

SuaveSteve wrote:It's very annoying and doesn't happen in DBX.
That broke way back in GZDoom Builder r2638 (2016-05-29)
Rewritten vertex/linedef/sector dragging logic.
r2637

r2638
boris

Post by boris »

OK, I waded through the old thread and apparently this only happens if you don't have the "Merge Dragged Vertices Only" option set. Enable it (either from the "Edit" menu or the toolbar button), and it doesn't split the sectors anymore.
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

boris wrote:OK, I waded through the old thread and apparently this only happens if you don't have the "Merge Dragged Vertices Only" option set. Enable it (either from the "Edit" menu or the toolbar button), and it doesn't split the sectors anymore.
Thanks for the tip, seems to be working ok.
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

SuaveSteve wrote:
boris wrote:OK, I waded through the old thread and apparently this only happens if you don't have the "Merge Dragged Vertices Only" option set. Enable it (either from the "Edit" menu or the toolbar button), and it doesn't split the sectors anymore.
Thanks for the tip, seems to be working ok.
And it's back again. Not sure why, was working with some other sectors fine to start with but then started breaking them again, too. Oh well, I just mass move in DBX for now.

I hope one day we have one rock solid amazing editor for GZD instead of a fork of a fork and a fork of a fork of a fork.

EDIT: Ok, it seems certain combinations of moving lines/vertices and Merge options changes it. It's PITA to remember these things.
boris

Post by boris »

SuaveSteve wrote:EDIT: Ok, it seems certain combinations of moving lines/vertices and Merge options changes it. It's PITA to remember these things.
Does it spit if you have "Merge Draggen Vertices Only" enabled? It will split in the other two modes - that's how MaxED intended and designed it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”