GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Looks like recent build of gzdb has broken behavior with embedded skin check for 3d models in general, just load Blade of Agony repository as .pk3 folder and see what happens (not on pc sorry)
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Looks like recent build of gzdb has broken behavior with embedded skin check for 3d models in general, just load Blade of Agony repository as .pk3 folder and see what happens (not on pc sorry)
The last version of GZDBBF, which showed the 3D things properly in BoA for me is r3039. Every version after that shows question marks. I posted about that in March.

Yet all versions of GZDBBF show the 3D things without problem for Gene-Tech.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Kappes Buur wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:Looks like recent build of gzdb has broken behavior with embedded skin check for 3d models in general, just load Blade of Agony repository as .pk3 folder and see what happens (not on pc sorry)
The last version of GZDBBF, which showed the 3D things properly in BoA for me is r3039. Every version after that shows question marks. I posted about that in March.

And I told you what was the problem, you had resources set not properly. This is my actual config under r3058

Reminder for your problem Kappes : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47801&start=2580#p1097003

GitHUB version can be cloned from here, better if you have GitHub desktop to work with : https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Ozymandias81 wrote:And I told you what was the problem, .....
Yes, I know.
Thank you for responding to my problem.
But, it did not help then and it does not help now.

I have been using this setup for the tests
Spoiler:
and as I mentioned, 3D things show up until and including r3039 and question marks after that.
So, either something was done in BoA or in GZDBBF which changed the rendering.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

But boa_c1.pk3 is ancient and much of the things there are outdated so not compatible with GZDoom builds higher that 2.1, and also boa_c2.pk3 should have issues as well with GZDoom builds higher than 3.3 mostly. Better option is to download latest version of BoA from repository, unzip the downloaded file and use it as a pk3 directory (no file since that uses more memory - I am saying because I have a pretty old machine with 1gb video and 4gb ram ddr3 under Win7 64bit sp1)
boris

Post by boris »

Respecting the "Path" setting got lost while refactoring the code. Looks like it only worked before that because your model and texture were in the same directory anyway. Fixed.
Kappes Buur wrote:

I have the same problem - interestingly only when loading a gzdoom.pk3 from recent versions. When using the gzdoom.pk3 that came with the BoA stand-alone version everything looks fine.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

But did you use github devbuild of BoA or official outdated releases? Since Chapter 2 release use 3.1.0 of gzdoom, pretty sure that versions after 3.3 doesn't work anymore with that pk3
Atm I use official GZDoom 4.1.3 and work over github BoA repository when mapping or doing tests, via GZDBBF r3058
Thanks for fixing that problem :wub:
boris

Post by boris »

Ozymandias81 wrote:But did you use github devbuild of BoA or official outdated releases? Since Chapter 2 release use 3.1.0 of gzdoom, pretty sure that versions after 3.3 doesn't work anymore with that pk3
Atm I use official GZDoom 4.1.3 and work over github BoA repository when mapping or doing tests, via GZDBBF r3058
GitHub version, GZDoom 4.1.3, I'm getting around 1400 warnings because actors couldn't be found.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Pretty sure you set up something wrong, will tell you when I'll be on pc again, mostly later or tomorrow. I use devbuild of BoA and not official releases mind you
Just check my screenshots posted previously meanwhile, that uses official release of GZDoom 4.1.3 and boa github repository with Directory as resource base, under GZDB r3058
Config to use is GZDoom Doom2 UDMF
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Okay just checked and I don't have any issues, except experiencing one time a System.Drawer warning with crash with most recent build of GZDoom and GZDB.
See this: https://imgur.com/a/G0Dm81w
As you can see, In any circumstances I got 1400+ warnings
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Just checking if this is worth submitting a feature request for on Github: "New" and "Unused" buttons for Line I.D.s (or tags) in Hexen modes?

Linedefs in UDMF have them:

Sectors have them:

Things have them:

But line type 121 in Hexen mode does not:

However, I realise that the Hexen modes are perhaps a lower priority and that the line I.D.s are slightly different in Hexen mode in as much as they are a line type parameter (and there are other line types that can also set I.D.s - like some teleport lines IIRC and maybe translucent lines as well?) and maybe the possibility of specifying a high I.D. throws more confusion into the mix too. So, there may not be much appetite for this. However, if you are editing in Hexen mode, keeping track of a lot of Line I.D.s can be a pain.

Is it something that might be considered?
boris

Post by boris »

Personally I don't think adding features to Hexen format editing is worth the hassle and won't do it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Fair enough. Question answered. :)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Why does this happens sometimes? I have 4gb of ram, 1gb of video (NVidia GEForce GT610 1024mb updated to last available drivers) AMD Vishera Black Edition 6core 3.5ghz, Win 7 sp1, GZDBuilder r3067 64bit and once I load INTERMAP from Blade of Agony repository (which is set up as I told you before), a System.Drawing "being already used somewhere else" error pops up, with a crash log.
I simply loaded the map, didn't do anything else. With models disabled this doesn't happen, but could happen in a different circumstance anyway even with them off (for example while creating a sector or adding a new actor inside the map).

GZCrash.txt
Actual crashlog
(10.44 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Spoiler:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

It turns out that if I build a .pk3 file and use it as resource, it works. But once I switch to 3d mode, it loops in a black screen freezin', and no crash pops up. This always with r3067 64bit

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”