GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DavidN

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by DavidN »

Three hours later - all done! https://github.com/jewalky/GZDoom-Build ... x/pull/260 While doing this I also noticed that the check could be refined more in both the Edit Linedef window and here - currently it counts things that aren't actually activations as OK (such as "allow repeated actions", "activate from back side", etc). Something for another time...

The rest of your questions are even faster: In order from top to bottom, use keys T, B and H :)
boris

Post by boris »

Enjay wrote:Is it possible to set an option somewhere to not see any map-placed actors (enemies, decorations etc)? Most of the time it's very useful to have them present, but sometimes they get in the way when I am trying to work with textures (especially in a map with lots of things) and it would be nice to not have them show up sometimes. (The 3D mode in DeePsea allowed this, so I'm kind of used to it.)
Default key to toggle between thing presentation (just sprite, sprite with bounding box/direction, nothing) is "T".

Enjay wrote:Is there some way of displaying the map full-bright while in the 3D editor (without actually altering the light levels in the map)? Sometimes maps are pretty dark and it can make seeing the finer details whilst tweaking offsets or whatever quite difficult. Again, to hark back to DeePsea, it actually uses a modified version of Risen3D as its 3D mode and hitting F11 toggles the light-amp effect (the original vanilla full-bright effect, not the GZDoom NVG effect). It can be very useful, as Tolkien might have put it "May F11 be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out." Or something. :lol:
The default key to toggle fullbright is "B". This also works for the 2D modes.

Enjay wrote:And finally, is it possible to temporarily not have whatever you are looking at be highlighted in yellow? It can be quite frustrating to step back to try and look at your work, to see how some alignment or whatever looks only to have the thing in the centre of your field of view with such a strong highlight on it, you can't really see your handiwork properly at all. Again, the yellow highlight is really useful most of the time but sometimes, and just for short periods, it would be useful to be able to switch it off so that I could actually see the walls/floors properly.
Default key to toggle highlighting is "H". This also works for the 2D modes.

I really recommend looking into the keybinds, there are some gems hidden there.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

T, B and H - got it! Thank you very much, that'll make things much easier. (They are even logical letters.)

I did actually look through the keybinds (and indeed, found some gems) but for some reason I missed the ones I was looking for - several times in fact. I skimmed the whole thing and read the section where I thought the binds were likely to be in much more detail but I was wrong about which section they were in. I've found them and they are pretty obvious now that I see them (maybe I was just tired last night).

Thanks once again. :)
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

boris wrote: I really recommend looking into the keybinds, there are some gems hidden there.
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/VFtMMjv[/imgur]

and print it out, very handy indeed.
It's impossible to remember them all.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yup, I knew where the reference was, I just couldn't find the entries I wanted (couldn't see the wood for the trees, basically). Thanks though.

Double monitors are the way forward; GZDB open on one screen and the keyboard shortcuts on the other. That way you can pop across to your second screen and press Ctrl-F to search the reference. Which really begs the question why I failed so hard at finding what I was looking for. :lol:
Nash

Post by Nash »

You can also filter the command list in the preferences, so if you know you are looking for something related to "brightness", you could just type it in the filter box and it'll show you only the relevant keybinds.

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Useful tip, thanks. :)
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I wonder , did anyone else recently had the problem that in 3D mode, the cursor was hidden as usual, but not locked and you could actually click on things where the invisible cursor would be (instead of the 3d mode's crosshair)? It's dangerous because I managed to scroll to the right edge and click on some steps from the history inadvertently when just trying to click on a surface, reverting some of my work :? Maybe it isn't even the program's fault but some Windows 10 thing.
boris

Post by boris »

Kappes Buur wrote:I just tried to construct a 3D sector with the ThreeDFloorMode-x64 plugin in GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3045-x64 and, same as Jaxxoon R, the editor crashed. Maybe not for the same reason, for me when trying to drag the control sector out of the way:

GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3041-x64 works fine though.
It's caused by a change that was made in the grid alignment feature. It changed the SnappedToGrid method without keeping an overload for the old one. Maybe not doing so should be something to be kept in mind for the future (IIRC Codeimp also never used optional parameters, but always overloaded the methods, which would probably have prevented the crash).

Attached are versions of the plugins compiled with the latest GZDB-BF source. THe 32bit version is untested.
Attachments
ThreeDFloorMode_x64.zip
(58.56 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
ThreeDFloorMode_x86.zip
(54.31 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
daimon

Post by daimon »

Talking about editor problems, i upgraded to the version 3039 and when using the visplane explorer it crashes giving this problem:
Spoiler:

Same error happens in 3045 version that i've downloaded some days ago... but with gzdoom builder works fine.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

I had the same trouble some time ago, but boris fixed it.
See viewtopic.php?f=232&t=54957&p=1086399#p1086397

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/piNx8mX[/imgur]
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve5563
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Steve5563 »

hello i have a quick question about gzdoom builder, i am trying to export a very basic map as a .obj file using the feature in the file drop down box, ( file / export / selection to wavefront .obj )
and then i try to import the same .obj file back into doom builder using the import / wavefront .obj as terrian. and it keeps coming up with a error message. "Failed to parse definition at line 239: only triangular faces supported"
this is the first time i have used this feature before so i don't know if its still in development or not,
the reason for asking is we would like to try and export the map as a model and then do some texture work in a 3d editing program without modifying the maps geometry in any way. and then import the map back into gzdoom builder with the new textures and save it back into a .wad file.
can this feature be fixed or added to gzdoom builder?
cheers
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Any hope to see in the nearly future possibility to see .obj models when mapping?

Also what happened to ceiling/floor_stop action special with ACS?

They aren't highlighted at all but compiler works, guess it's just a little miss somewhere on defs (not on pc so can't be specific or check the repository for something related to above questions - my phone is forbidden to surf on Github)
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Any hope to see in the nearly future possibility to see .obj models when mapping?
That would be nice indeed.
I requested a tutorial for that, maybe somebody who knows how this is done properly can provide us with the information.
Ozymandias81 wrote:Also what happened to ceiling/floor_stop action special with ACS?
None of the linedef action specials above 255 work in GZDBBF, although they work from scripts.
Attachments
UPDATEACSdefs.zip
(14.1 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Daryn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Professional X64

Post by Daryn »

I just wanted to refer back to my bug report post here...

viewtopic.php?f=232&t=54957&start=975#p1088627

In case it got lost in the shuffle. It's still an issue.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”