GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Postby Kappes Buur » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 am

Just a suggestion, until such functionality is part of GZDBBF:
how about converting the map to DiH until all edits are done and then converting back to UDMF.
At least then you can use Deepsea for the editing sessions.

If it is not possible to add the linedef action special to the sector dialog, like this for example (my preference)

Spoiler:

then boris's suggestion seems 'simple' and straight forward, if it can be disabled as to not clutter the editing area.
Kappes Buur

Postby Enjay » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:30 pm

I like boris' suggestion and yours. Both work for a quick glance and that's all they would be needed for. The actions on the event lines (boris' suggestion) would be nice and clear about which line was pointing to what.

The problem with editing in DiH and then converting to UDMF is that as a map becomes increasingly complex, the conversion does too.

For example, I currently have a map with many reverb/sound environment zones and those need to be bound by line type 121 with flags set to 1 in DiH mode. There are also a bunch of other line type 121s used elsewhere for a whole variety of things. Of course, line type 121 isn't in UDMF so all of those lines would need to be found manually and edited to work as intended.

Similarly, some activation types do not transfer across (though the GZDB checker can now look for lines without activation types) and monster activations work differently in UDMF to DiH mode. And yet further, there are some things that can be done in UDMF that can't be done in DiH but there are other things that can be done in DiH (or an approximation thereof) but they need to be done in a different way. So there is then a choice of "do I hold off doing that little bit of the map until I convert, or do I do it now in DiH mode before I forget about it".

I mean, it is a solution and I have used it in the past but it does have limitations and can create work too.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby WARCHILD_89 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Hey Guys, a minor issue and I hope I am posting on the right thread for that.

Am I the only one being annoyed of this window not being scalable?

It´s a pain scrolling through the whole list instead of seeing it all at one with full paths.

I need to see the resource list very often because it changes very often and the list is often very long. And sometimes it helps finding resources again where I cannot remember the path.

on a 27" HD screen it would be easier to have this window scalable instead of scrolling around all the time and waiting to get the full path lengh shown..... for the sake of user friendlyness and flexibility.
Attachments
Unbenannt_.JPG
WARCHILD_89
DOOM NEMESIS / 3D MODELS / RESOURCE BACKUPS

Postby Kappes Buur » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:30 pm

WARCHILD_89 wrote:Am I the only one being annoyed of this window not being scalable?

Probably.
I've never seen anyone else mention that in the last twelve years.

WARCHILD_89 wrote:I need to see the resource list very often because it changes very often and the list is often very long. And sometimes it helps finding resources again where I cannot remember the path.

You could edit the list of add-ons much easier in File Explorer.
Stick everything into one folder and then add that folder to the resource list:

Spoiler:
Kappes Buur

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation