WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3 IWAD

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby irukanjji » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:51 pm

i´ll try that and let you know
irukanjji

Postby Yelso » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:10 pm

irukanjji wrote:i´ll try that and let you know

Thank you! Would be a great companion to the wadsmoosh for normal doom. I can use episodic Wad for heretic so no problem there.
Yelso

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby irukanjji » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 pm

i try and i did it, now hexdd is a pwad and needs hexen to work, you can do the same, following this tutorial by ChapyOne in Doomworld Forum

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... or-gzdoom/
irukanjji

Postby MrDowntempo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:46 am

How does one get the files that should be renamed to nerveu.wad, tntu.wad, and plutoniau.wad? I own the unity versions on steam and through bethesda. Finding Doom.wad Doom2.wad is no big deal. But finding where the others are stored is another matter. I did go through the game and tell it to download those. Does this have to do with the extra.wad file? Do they need to be downloaded and renamed 1 by 1 or something like that?
MrDowntempo

Postby wildweasel » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 am

MrDowntempo wrote:How does one get the files that should be renamed to nerveu.wad, tntu.wad, and plutoniau.wad? I own the unity versions on steam and through bethesda. Finding Doom.wad Doom2.wad is no big deal. But finding where the others are stored is another matter. I did go through the game and tell it to download those. Does this have to do with the extra.wad file? Do they need to be downloaded and renamed 1 by 1 or something like that?

For some reason, the downloads are not stored externally as WAD files, and you will need an extractor. I think this one should work.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Gez » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am

MrDowntempo wrote:How does one get the files that should be renamed to nerveu.wad, tntu.wad, and plutoniau.wad? I own the unity versions on steam and through bethesda. Finding Doom.wad Doom2.wad is no big deal. But finding where the others are stored is another matter. I did go through the game and tell it to download those. Does this have to do with the extra.wad file? Do they need to be downloaded and renamed 1 by 1 or something like that?

See the technical information here.
Gez

Postby MrDowntempo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:42 pm

wildweasel wrote:

For some reason, the downloads are not stored externally as WAD files, and you will need an extractor. I think this one should work.

That tool claims it is now obsolete on its GitHub page because the Doom/Doom2 wads can be extracted without the tool. It says the tool is now incompatible with the steam version, but should still be able to extract those additional wads from the Bethesda builds. I pointed it to the correct directory which was the same as the default. It was unable to find anything though.

Gez wrote:

See the technical information here.

Hmm.. My Directory structure is different than listed there, perhaps because of a newer or different build? I have a DOOM folder (not DOOM Classic) in my UserName/Saved Games/id Software/ folder, but it has no wads in it at all.
MrDowntempo

Postby Gez » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:38 pm

They do not have the .wad extension. You want to find files named simply 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Without any extension. They're not .wad.

Also make sure to actually download the add-ons from within the Unity port. I believe the "Doom" folder is for Doom 2016. You'll want Doom II and Doom Classic, these folder will only appear if you download stuff or create save games.
Gez

Previous

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation