WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3 IWAD

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby JPL » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:15 pm

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Will there be support for the "Ultra-Violence+" difficulty that was just introduced in the Unity versions of Doom and Doom II?

Basically, weapon and monster spawns match those present only in co-op and deathmatch, and enemies are just as fast as they are on Nightmare.

Par times were also added for E1M8, E2M8, and E3M8.


UV+ is best done as a small separate mod; the feature is defined in code and there's nothing there for WadSmoosh to extract from the original data.

It looks like I don't own Ultimate Doom on Steam, can anyone provide me with the E1M8, E2M8, and E3M8 par times?

I'll investigate what adding DSSECRET from extras.wad would take.
User avatar
JPL
 
 
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2012

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby JPL » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Looks like the new widescreen status bar also looks wrong in GZDoom - it draws from the same top left corner coordinates as the original one, and so doesn't line up with where HUD numbers go. However this happens when using the new doom2.wad as the IWAD as well, so it's not actually WadSmoosh's problem. New bugs being tracked here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69774#p1164248
User avatar
JPL
 
 
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2012

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby Yarn366 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:30 pm

JPL wrote:It looks like I don't own Ultimate Doom on Steam, can anyone provide me with the E1M8, E2M8, and E3M8 par times?

Here they are:

  • E1M8: 2:45 (165 seconds)
  • E2M8: 2:15 (135 seconds)
  • E3M8: 1:45 (105 seconds)

I also checked E4M8 and Doom II's MAP30; their par times have not changed.
Yarn366
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2018

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:38 pm

I wanted to try this program for once at least from today to play with a mod, at least being that I have Ultimate Doom, Sigil, Doom 2, Master Levels, Plutonia, TNT, and Nerve.
I booted the WAD in GZDoom 4.4.2 with the Doom Complete pk3 file and I get this:

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "doom_complete.pk3:cvarinfo.txt" line 1:
cvar 'ws_finaldoom_texswap' already exists

It does happen to a few other textures too when I guess it loads them first as well.
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby Rachael » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Make sure you are only loading it as an iwad, and not additionally as a pwad file.
User avatar
Rachael
Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:05 pm

Rachael wrote:Make sure you are only loading it as an iwad, and not additionally as a pwad file.

Well I loaded it as itself in GZDoom and it does that, unless it is supposed to be loaded into Doom 2 instead though which seems to make it work.
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby JPL » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:12 am

Starman the Blaziken wrote:
Rachael wrote:Make sure you are only loading it as an iwad, and not additionally as a pwad file.

Well I loaded it as itself in GZDoom and it does that, unless it is supposed to be loaded into Doom 2 instead though which seems to make it work.


The most common cause of "Cvar already exists" errors is trying to load the same WAD twice. When you get that error, check towards the top of the log and see how many times it's trying to load doom_complete.pk3. 10 to 1 you're loading it both as the IWAD and then additionally as a PWAD.

Loading doom_complete.pk3 as a PWAD is a workaround not a fix, and I don't know what issues it might cause and won't support it in that use case.
User avatar
JPL
 
 
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2012

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:32 am

Oh... Ah... Right. Bleh...
Normally when I do try and load IWADs, it would boot up without copying the stuff within it, but eh my brain was not thinking about just moving it to my GZDoom file and removing it from the mods I was playing the game with. And it was late at night I was doing it, before I went to bed.
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 08 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby Yarn366 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 am

I noticed that level intermissions look a bit different in WadSmoosh than they do normally: lines have more space in between, and numbers are gray instead of red and kerned a bit differently. Is this intentional, and if so, how is it being done (out of curiosity)? I couldn't find anything in WadSmoosh's files that affect how text is displayed on that screen (apart from the addition of level author credits).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yarn366
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2018

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby JPL » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:57 am

Yarn366 wrote:I noticed that level intermissions look a bit different in WadSmoosh than they do normally: lines have more space in between, and numbers are gray instead of red and kerned a bit differently. Is this intentional, and if so, how is it being done (out of curiosity)? I couldn't find anything in WadSmoosh's files that affect how text is displayed on that screen (apart from the addition of level author credits).


Hmm, that's definitely not being done intentionally, and I have no idea why it happens. WadSmoosh doesn't contain any data that overrides the intermission screens.
One wild guess is that, under the hood, GZDoom is treating WadSmoosh like Doom 2 in some senses, and some data it's using for doom 1 (eg in the "filter" subdirectory) isn't used in quite the same way here.
User avatar
JPL
 
 
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2012

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby Sgt Nate V » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:44 pm

Would this work with the specific version of NRFTL that can be extracted from the 2019 ports?
User avatar
Sgt Nate V
The Servo Crowation
 
Joined: 04 Mar 2017
Location: somewhere
Discord: 9869

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby JPL » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Sgt Nate V wrote:Would this work with the specific version of NRFTL that can be extracted from the 2019 ports?


Yes, it's named nerve.wad and has a map01 thru map09, it should extract as with any other version of that file. The only thing the Unity port adds is widescreen intermission and title screen graphics.
User avatar
JPL
 
 
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2012

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby TheArchvile » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:18 pm

JPL, after the latest patch update, tag 667 doesn't seem to be working correctly. I just played through MAP07: Dead Simple and the exit area just doesn't seem to rise anymore after killing the Arachnotrons. It rises just a tiny single pixel, then stops.
TheArchvile
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby JPL » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:45 pm

TheArchvile wrote:JPL, after the latest patch update, tag 667 doesn't seem to be working correctly. I just played through MAP07: Dead Simple and the exit area just doesn't seem to rise anymore after killing the Arachnotrons. It rises just a tiny single pixel, then stops.


Yes, just discovered this issue, investigating in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69836
Good to know that it affects other things though. As soon as there's a clear fix I'll upload it.
User avatar
JPL
 
 
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2012

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Postby TheArchvile » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 pm

JPL wrote:
TheArchvile wrote:JPL, after the latest patch update, tag 667 doesn't seem to be working correctly. I just played through MAP07: Dead Simple and the exit area just doesn't seem to rise anymore after killing the Arachnotrons. It rises just a tiny single pixel, then stops.


Yes, just discovered this issue, investigating in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69836
Good to know that it affects other things though. As soon as there's a clear fix I'll upload it.


Alrighty, thanks for the quick reply. Take your time and I'm glad you are working hard on keeping this magnificent project all nice and polished.

Completely unrelated to this worrying bug, I mentioned something earlier regarding the exclusive XBOX map, E1M10: Sewers. According to the Doom Wiki page:
On the intermission screen, the blood splat for this level appears outside the boundary of the map.


Do you think that warrants a fix? I'd love to see where one would place the blood splat.
TheArchvile
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Editors / Asset Manipulation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests