WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3 IWAD

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zoltar007
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Post by Zoltar007 »

FelesNoctis wrote:
vapidscum wrote:Modified ChapyOne's menudef code to look like this. Note that I've got vid_scale_customstretched on.
Spoiler:
The menu not being quite center, and it resetting back to the minimal menu if you exit and reenter, bugged me enough that I finally gave in and poked around with this layout until I got it just right!
Spoiler:
1920x1080: https://i.imgur.com/8XsfPFn.png
640x400: https://i.imgur.com/0yWskIR.png
320x200: https://i.imgur.com/977wytj.png

Some scaling factors and resolutions cause the text to increase to an overly large size and no longer fit inside the window, but that still doesn't cause it to switch back to the small list format. As far as I can tell it's just another case of GZDoom's scaling doing some weird things, which has been reported several times already.
I modified this a bit more to make it closer to a vanilla like menu without the grey headings.

Code: Select all

ListMenu "EpisodeMenu"
{
    IfGame(Doom)
    {
        NetgameMessage "$NEWGAME"
    }
    IfGame(Doom)
    {
        StaticPatch 70, 7, "M_EPISOD", 0 , "$MNU_EPISODE"
        Position 32, 34
        Linespacing 16
        Font "SMALLFONT2", "Red"
    }
}
The obligatory screenshot of the menu: https://i.imgur.com/evVjane.png
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

hello,
need help people. Do not work for me with hd textures. Skyboxes are in original doom resolution and some walls in plutonia are also in base resolution... Is possible something fix it or it works only with vanilla doom?
Attachments
dd.jpg
Yarn366
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Yarn366 »

Marcelus wrote:hello,
need help people. Do not work for me with hd textures. Skyboxes are in original doom resolution and some walls in plutonia are also in base resolution... Is possible something fix it or it works only with vanilla doom?
Can you provide links to the texture packs that you are using? (I found your pack here, but that doesn't have any skyboxes.)
TheArchvile

Post by TheArchvile »

Is there a way to include plutmidi.wad in this project? If not, how to I manually open doom_complete.pk3 to insert plutmidi.wad's music? I am kind of noobish (as you can probably see) regarding the technical side of Doom.
Hydra Spectre
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Hydra Spectre »

How do I customise WadSmoosh to add non-official content to one PK3?
I am looking to add all sorts of popular maps on my personal WadSmoosh DOOM PK3.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Just put your wads inside the doom_complete.pk3, like i did for this one SEWXB.wad (ULTIMATE DOOM XBOX SECRET LEVEL (AND MORE)
), i compile a few levels and thats its, here is the mapinfo, for you understand how to do this, if you want more PM, and i send you the file
Attachments
ZMAPINFO.txt
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
JPL

Post by JPL »

Just uploaded a new build with some reasonably major changes:
https://jp.itch.io/wadsmoosh/devlog/162782/wadsmoosh-12
  • Fixed various issues with the ways certain user WADs defined custom skies for Doom 2 levels. New, simpler ZScript-based detection and substitution logic replaces the old ACS-based method.
  • Properly detect SIGIL under any of its released names, eg SIGIL_V1_0, SIGIL_V1_1, SIGIL_V1_2, SIGIL_V1_21. Creates a copy in source_wads/ with the expected name of "sigil.wad".
  • Fixed episode listing appearing in the smaller GZDoom built-in font instead of main Doom menu font. Thanks TwelveEyes.
  • When playing a map with a Doom 1 style ExMx name, swap in alternate versions of BRNPOIS and NUKEPOIS that are the correct sizes, in case any user made levels depend on that difference.
  • Changed the included graphics (eg menu title, episode names) from 32-bit to 8-bit so they work correctly with palette mods.
  • Windows EXE uses latest 32-bit Python 3.7.8.
The Doom 2 custom sky detection had bedeviled me for a long time, but the solution ended up being fairly simple.

Also worth pointing out that the source code is now hosted at https://heptapod.host/jp-lebreton/wadsmoosh, I migrated all my projects there since Bitbucket pulled the plug on their Mercurial support.
JPL

Post by JPL »

Another new build with a few small things that missed the last major release:
https://jp.itch.io/wadsmoosh/devlog/164 ... smoosh-121
  • Safely clean up anything in pk3/ working subdirectory from any previous runs. Only remove files that WadSmoosh has placed there. This prevents any issues that could result from a previous run's files getting included into a new PK3.
  • Added a note in the WadSmoosh Options menu about each compat option requiring a level restart.
  • Include a new custom GENMIDI lump that replicates Doom II's OPL instrument sounds but better preserves the Doom1-specific guitar sound (specifically, General MIDI instrument #31, "Distortion Guitar") heard in tracks such as D_E1M1 and D_E1M8. If you are one of the very few people who feels strongly about this, simply delete the file GENMIDI.lmp from the "res/" subdirectory and re-run WadSmoosh, and you'll get the previous behavior.
There's really nothing else I can think of to change or fix or add about WadSmoosh, so this may be the last build for a while. Until GZDoom adds Doom64 support of course :twisted:
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Would it be possible to integrate your Full Run modifier directly into WADSmoosh via CVARs, or updating the former to account for Sigil's par times?
JPL

Post by JPL »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Would it be possible to integrate your Full Run modifier directly into WADSmoosh via CVARs, or updating the former to account for Sigil's par times?
I've updated the Full Run mod with Sigil par times: https://jp.itch.io/doom-fullrun
Plynthus

Post by Plynthus »

I'm not 100% sure if this has been requested before.

But could this be done for WadSmoosh as well?:
"In the Add-on “No Rest for the Living”, Hell levels now use the correct hell sky texture."
That's from the patch notes for the new official Doom releases. https://games-guides.com/doom-doom-ii-p ... -released/

It would mean "RSKY3" for maps 04-08.
Maps 01-03 and 09 would still use "RSKY1"
Spoiler:
JPL

Post by JPL »

Plynthus wrote:I'm not 100% sure if this has been requested before.

But could this be done for WadSmoosh as well?:
"In the Add-on “No Rest for the Living”, Hell levels now use the correct hell sky texture."
That's from the patch notes for the new official Doom releases. https://games-guides.com/doom-doom-ii-p ... -released/

It would mean "RSKY3" for maps 04-08.
Maps 01-03 and 09 would still use "RSKY1"
Spoiler:
Good catch, this will be in a 1.22 release. No ETA.
TheArchvile

Post by TheArchvile »

I dunno if it is a bug on my end, but after finishing TNT and Plutonia, the cast roll doesn't play its corresponding music. Instead, it plays the 'text' one, not even cutting off as it keeps playing it once you skip the victory text.
JPL

Post by JPL »

TheArchvile wrote:I dunno if it is a bug on my end, but after finishing TNT and Plutonia, the cast roll doesn't play its corresponding music. Instead, it plays the 'text' one, not even cutting off as it keeps playing it once you skip the victory text.
Good catch, this was just an oversight on my part and has likely never worked right. I'll have a fix out in 1.23.
Plynthus

Post by Plynthus »

Is this happening to anyone else in Plutonia with the latest version?

MAP02
Original:

WadSmoosh:

MAP06
Original:

WadSmoosh:

If not. Any idea what could be the reason?
I've used the same wad files before.
Also I'm using the latest version of GZDOOM.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”