WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3 IWAD

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Post by snarkel »

I'm a little confused, I got all of my iwads (doom, doom2, tnt, and plutonia) in the proper folder and when I use the EXE its goes through everything in the prompt but then nothing happens, no pk3 or nothing. And also I'm confused with the master levels and NRFTL levels as well, do those come with it or do I need to have my own copy of Master Levels/NRFTL?
Attachments
wadsmoosh - Copy.txt
Here is the log incase it helps
(65.21 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
ZzZombo

Post by ZzZombo »

ZzZombo wrote:Can you please make it to read the needed .WADs from a directory of my choice? I have one big (really big) folder for all of them that are ZDoom-compatible, so manually tinkering with them isn't easy.
JPL

Post by JPL »

snarkel wrote:I'm a little confused, I got all of my iwads (doom, doom2, tnt, and plutonia) in the proper folder and when I use the EXE its goes through everything in the prompt but then nothing happens, no pk3 or nothing. And also I'm confused with the master levels and NRFTL levels as well, do those come with it or do I need to have my own copy of Master Levels/NRFTL?
It looks like the application might be crashing when it reaches doom2.wad. Is there another log file in the same folder, and if so could you attach it?

You do need to provide your own master levels + NRFTL wads. NRFTL needs to be called nerve.wad, it and all the master levels WADs should be in the same dir as your IWADs.
JPL

Post by JPL »

ZzZombo wrote:
ZzZombo wrote:Can you please make it to read the needed .WADs from a directory of my choice? I have one big (really big) folder for all of them that are ZDoom-compatible, so manually tinkering with them isn't easy.
You only need to run WadSmoosh once, is it a problem to copy your 4 IWADs (+ ML/NRFTL PWADs) to source_wads/ for that one run? By ZDoom-compatible do you mean you modded your IWADs? I can't guarantee the program will work with anything besides the officially released wads.
ZzZombo

Post by ZzZombo »

I mean, it's a huge clusterfuck at this point due to sheer number of files in it, and even just opening the folder takes a loong time. Then, I don't really remember names of all additional files.
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Unfortunately I see no other log files, just the basic info txt files. and also, how would one get a NRFTL iwad if its only available on Xbox?
Gez

Post by Gez »

It's also available on PC, as part of Doom 3: BFG Edition.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Right, i think i did it wrong. I can't get to put master levels and no rest for the living. Should they be named on a specific way? I just get to see doom 1 , 2, plutonia and tnt. Master levels are named "master" and NRftL is named "nerve".
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

... sorry.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

GAA1992 wrote:Right, i think i did it wrong. I can't get to put master levels and no rest for the living. Should they be named on a specific way? I just get to see doom 1 , 2, plutonia and tnt. Master levels are named "master" and NRftL is named "nerve".
The Master Levels should be separated in their original form (I think it's supposed to be around 20 individual levels?).
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hmmmm, so that's why. I've used that program somebody made to merge them all. Thanks! Now i just need to know what i'm missing on No Rest...
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

scalliano wrote:Image

... sorry.
Well it's more accurate than the actual release. :lol:
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

AdmiralAjax wrote:Thinking about Devianteist's comment, has there been a recreation of Doom 64 levels? Seems like something neat to add on to this.
I believe so, but I couldn't point you as to where to find them, as I am unsure myself. Reason I believe this is cause Sgt. Mk. IV has begun a Brutal DOOM 64 project (it's too shiny), in GZDoom, so I assume someone must have ported them sometime ago.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

I think JPL's vision is to support the official IWADs, not fan made ones. :lol:
JPL

Post by JPL »

Okay, new version is up, with the crucial change that all extracted map lumps are now <= 8 characters long, ie PLUT_MAP01 is now PL_MAP01. This should make the pk3 more compatible with Zandronum and older versions of ZDoom/GZDoom.
scalliano wrote:Image
This looks awesome, better than what I put together! Is this just a TITLEPIC and M_DOOM replacement? If so send me PNGs and I'll include them.

Dunno if anyone has noticed yet, but doom_complete.pk3 includes a custom ENDOOM, made with an unreleased version of my ASCII art tool, Playscii. My ultimate aim is to support ENDOOM import and export along with tons of other ASCII art formats, so soon Playscii will be a viable option for making custom ENDOOMs. Does anyone care about this? I know ENDOOM is off by default and only shows up in Windows for ZDoom...

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”